Senior Environmental Site Assessment Specialist
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
SNC Lavalin's Environment & Geosciences group offers consulting services in the following areas: Site Assessment and Remediation (SAR), Risk Assessment, Impact Assessment and Community Engagement, Highways and Bridges, Geoenvironment and Materials, Hydrogeology, Water Resources, Air Quality and Green House Gas Emissions, Sustainability, Environmental Management and Planning, Geographic Information Systems, Rural Development, Waste Management.
Why join us?
As a result of growth and internal opportunities, SNC-Lavalin is seeking a career oriented Senior Environmental Site Assessment Specialist with technical and project management capabilities and experience in our Alberta Region.
As a Senior Environmental Site Assessment Specialist within our Alberta SAR team, you will play a key role in developing and executing high quality technical work for a wide variety of contaminated site assessment and remediation projects. Day to day work will include contaminated site investigation design and characterization, evaluation of remedial strategies, communicating with clients, liaising with regulatory personnel, and mentoring junior/intermediate site assessment professionals.
Candidates with limited experience in contaminated sites but having physical hydrogeology technical work experience including aquifer evaluation and injection, well design and testing, stratigraphic interpretation, and groundwater modelling may also be seriously considered.
How will you contribute to the team?
- Provide senior oversight of fundamental tasks related to ESA scopes of work and report preparation
- Communicate with on-site field staff and project managers during work execution
- Review and evaluate field collected data to support data gap analyses and selection of remedial options
- Provide technical expertise for contaminated site investigation and remediation programs in accordance with the Environmental Protection and Enhancement Act (EPEA)
- Interpret findings and prepare and/or review technical reports
- Supervise and mentor junior and intermediate professional staff involved in carrying out field programs; ensure project requirements are communicated and health and safety protocols are followed
- Promote a positive Health and Safety culture
- Participate in business development activities and maintaining client relationships
- Prepare competitive proposals and cost estimates
- Work as a team with other regions as opportunities arise
What will you contribute?
- Bachelor’s or advanced degree in Engineering or Sciences with professional designation (e.g., P.Eng., P.Geol., P. Ag, etc.). A post-graduate degree is considered an asset
- Minimum of 15 years of progressive experience in technical issues related to contaminated site assessment, remediation, and risk assessment
- Experienced in Phase I and II Environmental Site Assessments (ESA), design and execution of soil, groundwater, and vapor phase investigation programs, interpretation of hydrogeological and geochemical data, remedial options analysis, remedial action plan development and implementation, technical report writing and review, interpretation of provincial and federal environmental regulations, and preparation and review of EPEA compliant Soil and Groundwater Monitoring Programs
- Experience demonstrating the candidate’s ability to work in multiple settings, both geographically and industrially (e.g., upstream, midstream, and downstream for the O&G sector, pulp and paper, mining, etc.)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with an attention to detail and ability to multi-task
- Knowledge and experience with Alberta’s upstream oil and gas industry health & safety practices
- Valid driver's license
Desired Experience / Attributes
- Experience conducting site-specific liability assessments under Directive 001 and 024
- Ability to use standard hydrogeological software (e.g., AQTESOLV, AquaChem, BIOSCREEN etc.), and familiarity with other hydrogeological software (e.g., FEFLOW, geoSCOUT, etc.)
- Formal project management training
- Ability to plan, organize, and oversee multiple activities with effective time management
- Strong business development background
- Experienced in writing successful competitive proposals
- Strong leadership abilities and effective mentoring skills
- Exceptional interpersonal skills combined with a positive, team-oriented attitude
- Experience in human resources functions, such as hiring and performance evaluations
- Ability and willingness to travel as needed
What we offer at SNC Lavalin:
Our commitment to excellence extends to our workplace where we offer a flexible work environment, competitive compensation and benefits including a generous retirement program and an Employee Share Ownership Plan, in-house training programs, a strong emphasis on Health and Safety, support for continuing education and professional development, and the opportunity to work with and learn from senior technical experts and professionals across the globe.
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com