Senior Estimator-Airport Airside Construction
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Senior Estimator-Airport Airside Construction
Our California Team is growing! If you want to be a part of a successful global organization and have civil flat work experience – such as runways and road construction, we want to speak to you. This position will be located at our premier aviation client project site in L.A. This is a full time, internal position with Faithful+Gould offering robust benefits.
The preferred candidate will have Ten years of general estimating experience directly related to both engineering and construction projects is required. Experience with On-screen Take-off and MC2 is highly desirable. Preferred civil flat work experience - airports and road construction. Airport civil airfield work on runway, taxiway, apron and associated utilities. Proficient with industry estimating databases and other estimating data sources, e.g. RS Means, Richardsons. Proficient with large-scale estimating software. Bachelor’s degree in Engineering is preferred.
Faithful+Gould is a world leader in project and cost consulting, providing clients with Owner’s Representative expertise and advice throughout the life of their construction projects. We offer varied and interesting projects with a number of high-profile clients across key business sectors which include many of the fortune 100 companies and Federal/State/City government agencies. Faithful+Gould is currently ranked #9 largest Construction Management Company and #7 Program Management Company by ENR (Engineering News Record). Established in 1947 in England and opened the first USA office in 1992. Constructive Expertise -It’s in our DNA
• Provide estimating support for Airfield Element during planning, design and construction.
• Prepare and/or review final Engineer’s estimate including factors such as Phasing, Airport Operations, Shift, Resources, Time Constraints and Badging impacts
• Develop detailed cost estimates from the engineering drawings; proactively identify deficiencies and
• ask questions; and actively assist the project team toward the answers
• Actively reconcile the internal estimates with those prepared by third-parties; engage the third-party entities in an informative, collaborative reconciliation; and communicate the results of the
• reconciliation effort
• Prepare and review material take-offs from planning documents or engineering drawings
• Prepare detailed breakdown of components and elements of estimates for systems and subsystems
• Prepare estimates by applying unit rates for man hours, labor dollars, material dollars, and construction equipment dollars and all-in unit cost determination, calculating extensions and the application of standard factors, overhead rates and fees.
• Accumulate, evaluate and document historical cost data for the development of future estimates
• Review contract documents and contract modifications to determine scope of work and equitable cost allowance for scope changes
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related field preferred
• 10 years of estimating experience
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite software - Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
• Proficient with large-scale estimating software
• Experience with Adobe Acrobat Professional
• Knowledge of Prolog and other Project Management Systems is preferred.
• Experience with On-screen Take-off and MC2 is highly desirable
• Demonstrated proficiency estimating formats, including Uniformat II
• Proficient with industry estimating databases and other estimating data sources, e.g. RS Means, Richardsons, etc
• Faithful+Gould offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes:
• competitive salary
• broad Employer based benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance
• generous time-off benefits
• 401 (k) with employer match
• flexible work schedules dependent upon approval as a result of assignment demands
• career development opportunities through our corporate university
• highly-regarded tuition reimbursement program
• valuable voluntary options including legal, long term care, pet insurance and car insurance
Equal Opportunity Employer
Faithful+Gould is an equal opportunity, drug free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability candidates encouraged to apply. Please view statement
Faithful+Gould cares about your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data. By submitting your personal information to F+G, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Our Latest Articles