Why join us?
Our Arizona Team is team is growing! If you want to be a part of a successful global organization and have at least three years as an estimator, we would like to connect with you. This role creates cost estimates for specific disciplines relating to large construction projects, leverages industry knowledge to review and negotiate fair value for change orders and provides business support to management and estimating peers. In addition, there will be collaborative work with the project team to complete pricing and benchmarking research, while maintaining project documents and files. The role is based at Automotive client in Casa Grande, AZ. This is a fulltime internal position with Faithful+Gould, that comes with robust benefits. We seek professionals who are career minded and are looking for long term tenure.
Faithful+Gould (www.fgould.com) is a world leading integrated leading project and program management consultancy. Operating at the forefront of our industry for 70 years, our integrated approach delivers business improvements and efficiencies across every environment and every sector. Faithful+Gould is a member of the SNC-Lavalin Group.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a fully integrated professional services and project management company with offices around the world. SNC-Lavalin connects people, technology and data to help shape and deliver world-leading concepts and projects, while offering comprehensive innovative solutions across the asset lifecycle. Our expertise is wide-ranging — consulting & advisory, intelligent networks & cybersecurity, design & engineering, procurement, project & construction management, operations & maintenance, decommissioning and sustaining capital — and delivered to clients in four strategic sectors: EDPM (engineering, design and project management), Infrastructure, Nuclear and Resources, supported by Capital. People. Drive. Results. www.snclavalin.com
How will you contribute to the team?
- Analyzes design drawing, 3D models and other documents and prepares detailed cost estimates. Leverages digital tools to perform accurate quantity takeoffs.
- Obtains accurate and up to date pricing information from databases, contractors, suppliers, etc. to utilize in estimates. Maintain a thorough understanding of industry norms.
- Inputs estimate takeoff information for specific discipline into custom software and develops unit cost pricing to align with standard methods of measurement.
- Works with architects and engineers to develop clear understanding of project scope during preparation of estimate. Develops relationships with members of A/E firms, contractors and wider project team members.
- Assists senior staff in ways to make projects more efficient. Seeks ways to improve accuracy and efficiency of tasks.
- Maintains project documents such as drawings and specifications in an organized and reasonable manner. Maintains project files on file server in accordance with company standards.
- Maintains and updates data library of costs.
- Prepares cost reconciliation between two or more estimates and explains variance cost drivers.
- Executes work with rigorous self-check QA, assists in QA for peer reviews.
What will you contribute?
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Construction, Quantity Surveying or related field
- 3 years relevant experience
- Working knowledge of electronic takeoff including On Screen Takeoff and 3D Models
- Working knowledge of a commercially available construction cost estimating systems
- Understand and utilize Information Technology in the performance of work including Internet, Intranet, Microsoft Windows OS, Adobe Acrobat, Microsoft Office Suite and Microsoft Project
- Professional designation such as RICS, CCE, CCM, AIA, PE, ASPE, AACEI, CVS, AVS, LEED AP, RA, or any appraisal licensure is preferred
What we offer at Faithful+Gould:
At Faithful+Gould, you will enjoy a robust rewards package which includes:
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
- Competitive salary
- Flexible work schedules
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Group Insurance
- Retirement Savings Plan with employer match
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Learning and development programs, training, career opportunities and a highly regarded tuition reimbursement program
If this sounds like you and you would like to expand your career with us, apply today!
Faithful+Gould is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please review Faithful+Gould Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Faithful+Gould cares about your privacy and are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
Note to staffing and direct hire agencies:
In the event a recruiter or agency who are not on our preferred supplier list submits a resume/candidate to anyone in the company, SNC-Lavalin family of companies, we explicitly reserve the right to recruit and hire the candidate(s) at our discretion and without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. https://careers.snclavalin.com/recruitment-agencies
We are sorry but we currently have no jobs in this area.
Continue browsing to look at our other available opportunities
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs