Why join us?
SNC-Lavalin provides cutting-edge engineering, procurement, construction and financing solutions to projects in more than 100 countries around the world. From the Canadian Arctic to the Southern African region and Australasia, our multicultural workforce is driven by a fierce pride in their work and a pioneering vision.
SNC-Lavalin is truly a global leader in its field and has been chosen to design and build some of the most prestigious projects in the world.
How will you contribute to the team?
The Senior Estimator works under the leadership of a Lead Estimator in the Infrastructure group and is responsible for completing all facets of the assigned estimate scope including: quantities, costing, subcontractor and supplier analysis, and equipment analysis for presentation and review of the assigned bid scope. The senior estimator assists in determining bid strategies required for the company to be successful as well as to plan, coordinate, and supervise small, medium, and large projects. This position acts to resource, distributes work and provides guidance to junior estimators in their daily work. The estimator reports functionally to the Manager or Director of the regional office.
To perform this role successfully, the individual will be responsible for but not limited to the following:
- Participate in project development activities including scope definition and clarification, preconstruction planning, control estimate development and delivery.
- Provide preconstruction services including the preparation of preliminary budgets, cost plans, and value engineering opportunities.
- Review the project design drawings and specifications to determine assigned scope of work.
- Collaborate to the development of the Work Breakdown Structure.
- Prepare and analyze materials, labour and equipment cost estimation necessary to successfully carry out a construction project according to proposals, plans, estimates and specifications.
- Coordinate preparation and perform of full detailed quantity takeoff estimates, identifying inherent risk and opportunities.
- Prepare final estimate summaries of assigned scope and verify estimate completeness and accuracy.
- Determine general expenses and provide input into the margins/fees.
- Prepare in coordination with procurement and engineering tender documents for subcontract and supplier pricing.
- Solicit information from subcontractors and suppliers.
- Negotiating and awarding contracts.
- Assist in project planning and scheduling.
- Provides sub-contract and supplier analysis recommendations.
- Prepare cost statements and projections at regular intervals throughout lifespan of projects.
- Prepare and maintain lists of suppliers, contractors, and subcontractors.
- Distributes work to junior estimators.
- Communicate with engineers, architects, owners, contractors and sub-contractors in order to prepare cost-effective feasibility studies regarding changes and adjustments to cost estimates.
- Work in a team environment.
What will you contribute?
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering, Certificate in Civil Engineering Technology or any equivalent studies/experience combination.
- 7+ years experience in estimation.
- Knowledge of lump sum, construction management and conceptual estimating Understanding of Unit Pricing.
- Proficient computer use – MS Office, MS Project, Takeoff Software.
- Professional Quantity Surveyor (PQS) an asset.
- Job site experience an asset.
- Experience in Design-Build, P3s an asset.
- Heavy Bid estimation software an asset.
- English essential (spoken and written), French an asset.
What we offer at SNC-Lavalin?
At SNC-Lavalin, you will enjoy competitive compensation, a safe and healthy work environment, and a full range of benefits (ie.: group insurance, retirement savings plan, share purchase plan, continuing education program, etc.).
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes.
- Competitive salary.
- Motivational financial package & flexible benefits.
- Defined contribution pension plan in which SNC-Lavalin contributes.
- Work equipment provided according to the season (boot, bib, helmet, gloves, etc.).
- Employee Share Ownership Plan (ESOP).
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
- Learning and Development programs, training, career opportunities.
The masculine gender is used only to simplify the wording.
Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and hiring process as required by Company policy and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Successful applicants will be notified about SNC-Lavalin ’s accommodation policies at the time the employment offer is extended, and the information will be shared with new personnel during the onboarding process.
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. https://www.snclavalin.com
We are sorry but we currently have no jobs in this area.
Continue browsing to look at our other available opportunities
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs