Why join us?
SNC-Lavalin provides cutting-edge engineering, procurement, construction and financing solutions to projects in more than 100 countries around the world. From the Canadian Arctic to the Southern African region and Australasia, our multicultural workforce is driven by a fierce pride in their work and a pioneering vision.
SNC-Lavalin is truly a global leader in its field and has been chosen to design and build some of the most prestigious projects in the world.
How will you contribute to the team?
To perform this role successfully, the candidate will be responsible for but not limited to the following:
- Full cycle (Estimate Plan to Basis) Capital Cost development for all classes of estimates including; Order of Magnitude, Prefeasibility, Feasibility and Definitive class estimates as outlined by AACE International.
- Work independently or lead a team of estimators when required to successfully develop Capital Cost estimates.
- Strategic application of industry estimating methodologies and techniques to develop Capital Cost estimates within desired accuracy ranges while respecting Project timelines.
- Implements estimate coding structures aligned to SNC-Lavalin Guidelines and Procedures; including establishing Work Breakdown Structures (WBS), Commodity Resource Coding (CRC), and Packaging (procurement, construction and engineering work packaging).
- Perform multidisciplinary estimating for Mining Projects which includes; Site Development, Processing Facilities, Non-Process Infrastructures and Sub-surface (Mining) Development scopes of work.
- Act as the signal estimating contact for all contributors to the estimate including Engineering, Procurement, Construction, Owner and any other internal/external parties to ensure timely receipt of deliverables required for the preparation of the estimate.
- Adopt, maintain, and contribute to SNC-Lavalin unit rate databases and benchmarks including development of unit rates from first principals and subsequent calibration against contractor data when received.
- Establish labour rates (union/open shop) and productivity factors for Mining projects in greenfield, brownfield and operating plant environments.
- Routinely perform benchmarking to evaluate key performance metrics of current and future estimates.
- Perform probabilistic contingency evaluations in @Risk.
- Actively contribute to the advancement of SNC-Lavalin’s Estimating Procedures, Guidelines, Benchmarking and Lesson’s Learned.
- Preparation of comprehensive Estimating Plans and Basis of Estimate documents.
- Development Sustaining Capital and/or Closure estimates.
What will you contribute?
- 10-15 years of progressive experience in developing Capital Cost estimates for Mining projects.
- Successful completion of engineering four-year degree, college diploma or equivalent technical program.
- Knowledge of change management principles and processes including Design Change Notices (DCN’s) and Project Change Notices (PCN’s).
- An excellent understanding of MS Office and advanced knowledge of MS Excel.
- Ability to cipher information from a detailed level to a higher level suitable for discussion and presentations.
- Manage and manipulate small to large sets of data frequently and with ease.
- Solid written and oral communication skills.
- A commitment to a culture of workplace safety.
- Ability to work on project/construction site.
- High aptitude for multitasking.
- Exceptional organizational and problem-solving skills.
What we offer at SNC-Lavalin?
At SNC-Lavalin, you will enjoy good compensation, a safe and healthy work environment, and a full range of benefits (ie.: group insurance, retirement savings plan, share purchase plan, continuing education program, etc.).
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes.
- Economical salary.
- Motivational financial package & flexible benefits.
- Defined contribution pension plan in which SNC-Lavalin contributes.
- Work equipment provided according to the season (boot, bib, helmet, gloves, etc.).
- Employee Share Ownership Plan (ESOP).
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
- Learning and Development programs, training, career opportunities.
The masculine gender is used only to simplify the wording.
Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and hiring process as required by Company policy and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Successful applicants will be notified about SNC-Lavalin’s accommodation policies at the time the employment offer is extended, and the information will be shared with new personnel during the onboarding process.
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. https://www.snclavalin.com
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs