Senior Estimator Metro/Transit/Rail
Senior Estimator Metro/Transit/Rail
Senior Estimator - Metro/Transit/Rail
Why join us?
Our Los Angeles Team is growing! If you want to be a part of a successful global organization and have experience as an estimator with rail or light rail, we want to speak to you. The successful candidate will help develop cost estimate from conceptual through construction; monitoring and reconcile the cost estimate as the design progresses; participate in pre-award value engineering and construct ability review discussions; and once the contract is awarded, will review change order proposals, develop a fair and reasonable recommendation, participate in negotiation of changes with the contractor, and prepare the record of negotiation documentation. This is a full time, internal position with Faithful Gould offering robust benefits.
Faithful+Gould is a world leader in project controls and consulting, providing clients with Owner’s Representative expertise and advice throughout the life of their construction projects. We offer varied and interesting projects with several high-profile clients across key business sectors which include many of the Fortune 100 companies and Federal/State/City government agencies. Faithful+Gould is currently ranked #11 largest Construction Management Company and #9 Program Management Company by ENR (Engineering News Record). Established in 1947 in England and opened the first USA office in 1992. Constructive Expertise It’s in our DNA.
How will you contribute to the team?
- Develop conceptual cost estimates from preliminary planning documents, price alternatives and options, and offer opinions of probable cost for different phasing scenarios that may be discussed
- Actively reconcile the internal estimates with those prepared by third-parties; engage the third-party entities in an informative, collaborative reconciliation; and communicate the results of their conciliation effort
- Proactively establish a routine reporting cycle that clearly communicates when an estimate changes and why
- Prepare and reviews material take offs from planning documents or engineering drawings
- Prepare conceptual and comparative cost study estimates from preliminary sketches
- Prepare detailed breakdown of components and elements of estimates for systems and subsystems
- Prepare estimates by applying unit rates for man hours, labour dollars, material dollars, and construction equipment dollars and all-in unit cost determination, calculating extensions and the application of standard factors, overhead rates and fees. Accumulates, evaluates and documents historical cost data for the development of future estimates
- Prepare and / or review final Engineer's estimate. Reviews contract documents and contract modifications to determine scope of work and equitable cost allowance for scope changes
- Provide coordination and liaison with project management and project engineering personnel throughout the estimate development
- Audit the mark-ups that are being used and that any mark-up caps are not exceeded
What will you contribute?
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related field preferred
- 7+ years of estimating experience with 5 years of direct support on an active civil, rail / transit, airport, or commercial construction projects
- Knowledge of work with various types of contracting methods such as, Design/Bid/Build (DBB), Design Build (DB), Construction Management At Risk (CMAR), Guarantee Maximum Price (GPM) etc.
- Demonstrated proficiency estimating formats, including Uniformit II
- Proficient with large-scale estimating software
- Experience with On-screen Take-Off and Acubid
- Understand and utilize Information Technology in the performance of work including Internet, Intranet, Microsoft Windows OS, Adobe Acrobat, Microsoft Office Suite and Microsoft Project
What we offer at Faithful+Gould:
At Faithful+Gould, you will enjoy competitive compensation, a safe and healthy work environment, and a full range of benefits that include:
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
- Broad Employer based benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance
- Generous time-off benefits
- 401 (k) with employer match
- Flexible work schedules dependent upon approval as a result of assignment demands
- Career development opportunities through our corporate university
- Highly regarded tuition reimbursement program
- Valuable voluntary options including legal, long term care, pet insurance and commuter reimbursement account
If you think that a career with our team could match your profile, submit your application online now!
Equal Opportunity Employer
Faithful+Gould, an ATKINS company, is an equal opportunity, drug free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability candidates encouraged to apply. Please view Atkins https://careers.snclavalin.com/equal-opportunities-statement
Faithful+Gould cares about your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data. By submitting your personal information to F+G, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Note to staffing and direct hire agencies:
In the event a recruiter or agency who is not on our preferred supplier list submits a resume/candidate to anyone in the company, SNC-Lavalin family of companies, we explicitly reserve the right to recruit and hire the candidate(s) at our discretion and without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. https://careers.snclavalin.com/recruitment-agencies
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs