Senior Façade Engineer
Senior Façade Engineer
Atkins’ Building Design division are looking to appoint a Senior Façade Engineer into our multidisciplinary team in London. The successful candidate will lead the technical delivery of façade engineering services on single- and multi-disciplinary projects across a wide variety of sectors.
In addition to being technically strong, candidates will be focused on client liaison and enjoy solving project challenges. We are also looking for someone who can demonstrate good communication and report-writing skills and support us in the integration of our multidisciplinary teams.
We are seeking candidates who are keen to develop façade engineering to meet increasingly complex industry demands. They will form part of a small, dynamic façade engineering team, growing rapidly within Atkins’ UK Building Design division
- Lead the technical delivery of façade engineering services on single- and multidisciplinary projects
- Be client-facing and able to solve project challenges
- Managing Atkins’ client relationships for extended and repeat business opportunities
- Deliver multiple projects or parts of larger projects to completion, within budget and to programme
- Be the first point of contact for clients, contractors, design team and third parties
- Be able to work independently in surveying, inspection and report-writing activities
- Create written, drawn and graphical outputs to an exemplary standard
- Participate in internal technical networks and promote façade engineering issues to the wider Atkins building design community
- Effectively manage own time across multiple projects
- Build client relationships and help identify business opportunities
- Chartered engineer or qualified architect. Equivalent overseas qualifications are also considered. Be a member or associate member of the Society of Façade Engineering or be ready to apply for membership.
- At least 3 years aggregate experience in the design and detailing of facades, or projects in which façade delivery has been a major factor
- Be a technically capable designer, with established skills and delivery capability
- The ability to enhance the overall delivery of a multidisciplinary team.
This will include:
- The ability to focus a broad range of technical skills onto core client objectives
- A broad knowledge-base in building design and awareness of the design responsibilities of others
- Technical acumen to obtain and review input from technical specialists
- Ability to manage and work to budget and programme, to control costs and manage change control processes
- A flexible attitude to both the type of work undertaken and the level of responsibility given
- The ability to make decisions, act on own initiative and operate in a pro-active way
- Possess a forward-looking attitude to the use of digital tools within Façade Engineering
- Ability to gain trust and form productive working relationships with a wide range of counterparts in other disciplines, who may be co-located or working from other Atkins offices
- Good organisational and interpersonal skills and the ability to work well under pressure
- Being an inquisitive individual who enjoys collaboration and the stimulation of exchanging ideas with others.
Rewards and Benefits
Atkins offers a range of benefits through the ‘My Rewards’ packages, which can be selected annually. Please refer to our website for details of our full benefits package www.yourrewardatkins.com
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
Atkins recognize that there are many well qualified people who are looking to further their career, but who cannot commit to full time employment.
We support flexible working arrangements and are interested to discuss how we can accommodate individual requirements
We are sorry but we currently have no jobs in this area.
Continue browsing to look at our other available opportunities
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs