Senior Facility Condition Assessor
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Senior Facility Condition Assessor
Our Alexandria and Chicago teams are growing! Faithful+Gould has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Facility Condition Assessor to join the Strategic Facility Consulting (SFC) team in our Alexandria Office. Our preference is for local candidates only at this point in time.The candidate will be required to complete comprehensive facility condition field assessments on a wide range of buildings. A successful candidate will blend their building systems knowledge base and technical expertise with detailed and thorough writing skills to complete written reports on building conditions. This position requires moderate travel balanced with time in our Chicago/Alexandria offices; we anticipate the successful candidate spending up to 20-40% of their time carrying out site-based assessments.The candidate must have a thorough understanding of various building types, construction systems and repair/replacement methods. This includes architectural, mechanical, electrical, and plumbing systems. Training is provided on internal proprietary project management software, however a strong background in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and Adobe Acrobat PDF is required. This is a full-time internal position with Faithful+Gould offering robust benefits.
Faithful+Gould is a world leader in project and cost consulting, providing clients with Owner’s Representative expertise and advice throughout the life of their construction projects. We offer varied and interesting projects with a number of high profile clients across key business sectors which include many of the fortune 100 companies and Federal/State/City government agencies. Faithful+Gould is currently ranked #9 largest Construction Management Company and #7 Program Management Company by ENR (Engineering News Record). Established in 1947 in England and opened the first USA office in 1992. Constructive Expertise -It’s in our DNA
• Complete comprehensive condition assessments and engineering evaluations of mechanical, electrical and plumbing systems.
• Ability to work in the field assessing a variety of buildings: this includes accessing mechanical/electrical rooms, occupied spaces, building roofs, and exteriors.
• Photograph and document facility repair and replacement deficiencies and opportunities.
• Aggregate and compile a building’s individual Architectural and MEP components and prepare reports that discuss the description/condition of the building.
• Review available construction drawings (blueprints) to determine building
• construction and equipment types/quantities.
• Develop detailed cost estimates for implementing maintenance and capital
• expenditure projects.
• Adept at handling multiple projects in a condensed timeframe to meet strict deadlines
• Providing strategic advice from a client facing position and successfully deliver
• Bachelors’ Degree or equivalent experience in facilities management, construction, or an associated engineering field.
• 10 years’ experience in a facilities or construction management environment is required.
• Industry recognized certifications in engineering, facilities, architecture, or project management are desired.
• Expository report writing and technical writing skills are essential.
• The candidate must capable of producing high quality written reports using Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and Adobe PDF.
• Ability to meet frequent tight deadlines.
• Ability obtain security clearances on as needed basis per client requirements.
• Willingness to learn industry standard vocabulary and technical terminology (ASTM E2018 – 08 and Uniformat II).
• Ability to work remotely in the field in all weather conditions with minimal supervision.
• Ability to travel across the West Coast of the United States as needed. Forecasting one week in the field per month.
• Must have professional attitude and ability to represent F+G to our clients.
• Interpersonal skills to work on cross functional project teams that vary in scope.
• Faithful+Gould offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes:
• Competitive salary
• Broad employer based benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance
• Generous timeoff benefits
• 401 (k) with employer match
• Flexible work schedules dependent upon approval as a result of assignment demands
• Career development opportunities through our corporate university
• Highlyregarded tuition reimbursement program
• Valuable voluntary options including legal, long term care, pet insurance and car insurance
Equal Opportunity Employer
Faithful+Gould is an equal opportunity, drug free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability candidates encouraged to apply. Please view statement
Faithful+Gould cares about your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data. By submitting your personal information to F+G, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.