Senior Federal Contracts Manager
Atkins has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
Atkins seeks an energetic and highly motivated self-starter to join our Alexandria, VA Contracts and Subcontracts Group as a Senior Federal Contracts Manager.
Under general direction, manages all dimensions of contract administration for a specific EDPM Business Unit. Coordinates the allocation of contract staff to technical projects and pursuits. Supports the VP of Contracts and Procurement in creating training, procedures to enhance the technical knowledge of the Contracts Staff as well as educating the technical staff in regards to legal terms and commercial terms. Provides advice and support to the technical project team/Commercial Technical Manager, Technical/Practice Directors for negotiations, correspondence, documentation, certification, financial reporting and product delivery for major contracts. As necessary, assists project/program managers with interpretation and compliance with Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR), State law and regulation interpretation and interfaces with clients' contracting officer or specialist on contractual issues. Serves as primary point-of-contact for respective Business Unit Directors, Operations Directors, and other Business Unit senior leaders. Supervises Business Unit Contracts and Subcontracts Group to provide lifecycle federal and state contracts and subcontracts administration and compliance support services across the enterprise.
- Hires, trains, directs, and supervises Contracts Group, including contract and subcontract managers and administrators and contract compliance personnel.
- Assists with negotiating contract terms from proposal stage to project close-out in accordance with relevant corporate policies, as well as internal and external audit rules, and regulations.
- Leads negotiations with subcontractors regarding terms and conditions and oversees preparation of final subcontract documents.
- Coordinates approval of negotiations, contracts, and subcontracts with appropriate legal and Business Unit management staff.
- Provides advice to Project Managers and senior Business Unit leaders on and interpretation of contract requirements.
- Reviews solicitation requests to ensure compliance with terms and conditions and Federal Acquisition Regulations.
- Assists in preparation and reviews cost proposals including pricing and scheduling details, coordination of requirements and cost proposal risk assessment.
- Prepares consulting agreements including Inter-company agreements.
- Modifies contract schedules and participates in vendor agreement negotiations when required.
- Ensures timely processing of technical reports and deliverables.
- Coordinates with program managers to ensure contract requirements are fulfilled.
- Assists the VP of Contracts and Procurement in the development of internal contract and subcontract administration policies and procedures.
- Provides supervision, guidance and work leadership to less-experienced contracts/subcontracts administrators and managers.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant internal and external contractual procedures and practices. Must stay up to date on Federal Regulations.
- Participates in special projects including internal and external audits.
- Performs such other duties as the supervisor may from time to time deem necessary.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related field, plus a minimum of fifteen years relevant experience.
- For Federal B.U, ten of the fifteen years are required in Federal environment with FAR procurement or Federal contract administration or State and/or private environments OR Master's degree in Business Administration or related field, plus a minimum of ten years relevant experience, Law degree is a plus.
- Must demonstrate knowledge and working familiarity with the FAR and State law and regulation.
- For Federal position in depth experience with the FAR and multiple contract types, performance-based contracting and GSA.
- Experience with preparation for CPSR’s a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal skills Proven ability to provide leadership to multiple levels of management.
- Must have excellent communication skills and be able to represent the firm effectively to clients (Federal and Non-Federal).
- Good analytical and organizational skills.
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations, to understand contract plans and specifications, organize information, and effectively utilize PC and applicable software.
- Contracts Management credentials from NCMA.
- Ability to process paper/electronic documents, and master web-based workflows.
- Ability to plan and prioritize tasks; review contract and subcontract documents, project plans and progress reports; and prepare performance and compliance metrics and reports.
- Ability to communicate effectively and work under the pressure of deadlines.
Atkins offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes: a competitive salary; a broad benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, disability, legal, hospitalization and other valuable voluntary options; generous time-off programs; flexible work schedules; 401(k) with employer match; professional and career development opportunities through our corporate university, as well as a highly-regarded tuition reimbursement program; and an unmatched culture focused on client-service, quality, and tireless pursuit of excellence in all we do. Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please view Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Atkins cares about your privacy.
Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to Atkins, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Atkins will not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters, headhunters, contract recruiters, search firms or employment agencies. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate, Atkins explicitly reserves the right to recruit and hire those candidate(s) at its discretion, and without any financial obligation whatsoever to the recruiter or agency. Any such unsolicited resume or candidate contact information, including those submitted directly to Atkins hiring managers or any other employee, shall become the property of Atkins upon receipt.