Senior FEMA/Water Resources Engineer
Atkins has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
Atkins seeks an energetic and highly motivated self-starter to join our Atlanta, Georgia office as a Senior FEMA/ Water Resources Engineer.
- As a Senior Water Resources Engineer, the applicant will join an exciting team of professionals working on contracts pertaining to the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP). The applicant will develop and complete new 1D and 2D hydrologic and hydraulic (H&H) analyses with increasing levels of complexity. The H&H analyses will be used to develop floodplain mapping (using Geographic Information Systems (GIS)) which will be incorporated into FEMA Flood Insurance Rate Maps (FIRMs). In addition, the analyses may also be incorporated into hazard resilience products that are used by communities to mitigate natural hazards.
- This is an excellent opportunity for an applicant to hone their skills on hydrologic and hydraulic analyses and GIS while gaining experience with delivery on large federal and state contracts. This position also offers great potential for professional growth across the wide range of opportunities at Atkins.
- The applicant will complete quality control reviews and oversee H&H analyses completed by junior engineers. The applicant will serve as a technical resource for junior engineers and will provide mentorship and supervision.
- In addition to the tasks listed above, the applicant will also complete and/or assist with other various engineering projects related to water resources and civil engineering. These projects may include, but are not limited to, storm water planning and design, watershed master plans, and transportation drainage plans.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- B.S. in Civil Engineering (preferably with a specialization in Water Resources). 5-10 years of work experience.
- Good interpersonal skills and capable of developing technical writing, and communications skills. Knowledge and experience with HEC-RAS, HEC-HMS, ArcGIS, SWMM, and AutoCAD, is required. 2-D hydraulic modelling experience preferred. In addition, Python or GIS programming experience would be an asset.
- P.E. registration required.
- CFM preferred.
Atkins offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes: a competitive salary; a broad benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, disability, legal, hospitalization and other valuable voluntary options; generous time-off programs; flexible work schedules; 401(k) with employer match; professional and career development opportunities through our corporate university, as well as a highly-regarded tuition reimbursement program; and an unmatched culture focused on client-service, quality, and tireless pursuit of excellence in all we do. Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please view Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Atkins cares about your privacy.
Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to Atkins, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Our Latest Articles