Senior Field Planner
Senior Field Planner
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Why join us?
We are forming and growing a team in in our Oil & Gas division. If you want to be a part of a successful global corporation and have previous experience as a field planner with refining projects, we would like to connect with you! This Senior Field Planner will help develop the first working plans for small projects and will coordinate and lead the project planning and scheduling activities for small to medium construction projects. They should be able to work under minimal supervision and with guidance in only the most difficult situations. This is a full time internal Faithful+Gould position with robust benefits!
This Senior Field Planner may work on existing units’ construction or new refining projects, and performs coordination and scheduling compliance work in collaboration with General contractors in the field ensuring there is consistency and alignment with corporate master scheduling discipline.
Faithful+Gould is a world leader in project controls and consulting, providing clients with Owner’s Representative expertise and advice throughout the life of their construction projects. We offer varied and interesting projects with several high-profile clients across key business sectors which include many of the Fortune 100 companies and Federal/State/City government agencies. Faithful+Gould is currently ranked #11 largest Construction Management Company and #9 Program Management Company by ENR (Engineering News Record). Established in 1947 in England and opened the first USA office in 1992. Constructive Expertise It’s in our DNA.
How will you contribute to the team?
- Facilitate the development of an outline project plan and schedule along with project team input.
- Develop and improve the scope collection process to ensure quality of project development.
- Validate schedule updates along with scope changes with the project team and Client stakeholders.
- Identify and mitigate threats to the project’s schedule goals and initiate corrective actions through field staff as necessary.
- Interface with site management regarding critical schedule activities, change, impacts to schedule, change orders, project progress, and claims analysis.
- Provide final review of schedules for estimating as requested.
- Facilitate the team in revising logic for schedule compression, forensic analysis to identify cause and effect of delay and reporting.
- Analyze resource loading and adjust the schedule or initiate corrective action as appropriate.
- Participate in the scheduling portion of Project Reviews, as required.
- Provide information as needed on the content, modification, or presentation of project schedule.
- Work with Master scheduling to assess impact(s) of design/construction changes and schedule slippages.
- Work with master scheduling and the established system to show the hierarchy of plans and schedules and keep the project team fully informed of information.
- Proactively analyze project schedules including comparing cost/resource curves to actuals, tracking float consumption, and change order impact analysis to ensure contractor is compliant with scheduling specification.
- Effectively communicate impact analysis for potential delays and changes to project team.
- Manage change orders, requests for information and updates to project scheduling specific documents.
- Understand all contract requirements relating to the project schedule and be the voice for identifying when scope / execution is not aligned to contract terms.
- Interpret project team needs; assesses requirements and identifies solutions to non-standard requests with regards to project schedule.
What will you contribute?
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Construction, or a related field planning experience
- At least 12 years’ relevant experience.
- Must be highly articulate, have clear and analytical approach to problem solving, and strong decision making abilities.
- Must have excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Must have strong to excellent understanding of CPM (Critical Path Method) concepts and calculations; strong to excellent understanding of earned value concepts, calculations, and rules of credit.
- Proficiency in Primavera scheduling products; and report preparation skills.
- Must thoroughly understand and utilize Information Technology in the performance of work including Internet, Intranet, Microsoft Windows OS, Adobe Acrobat, Microsoft Office Suite and Microsoft Project.
What we offer at Faithful+Gould:
At Faithful+Gould, you will enjoy competitive compensation, a safe and healthy work environment, and a full range of benefits (i.e.: group insurance, retirement savings plan, share purchase plan, continuing education program, etc.). or
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
- Competitive salary
- Motivational financial package & flexible benefits
- Defined contribution pension plan in which SNC-Lavalin contributes
- Work equipment provided according to the season (boot, bib, helmet, gloves, etc.);
- Employee Share Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 3 weeks of vacation time
- Learning and development programs, training, career opportunities
If you think that a career with our team could match your profile, submit your application online now!
Equal Opportunity Employer
Faithful+Gould, an ATKINS company, is an equal opportunity, drug free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability candidates encouraged to apply. Please view Atkins https://careers.snclavalin.com/equal-opportunities-statement
Faithful+Gould cares about your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data. By submitting your personal information to F+G, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Note to staffing and direct hire agencies:
In the event a recruiter or agency who is not on our preferred supplier list submits a resume/candidate to anyone in the company, SNC-Lavalin family of companies, we explicitly reserve the right to recruit and hire the candidate(s) at our discretion and without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. https://careers.snclavalin.com/recruitment-agencies
We are sorry but we currently have no jobs in this area.
Continue browsing to look at our other available opportunities
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs