Senior Full Stack Web Developer
Senior Full Stack Web Developer
Senior Full Stack web developer - Glasgow, Warrington, Birmingham, Leeds, Bristol, Epsom, London
This is an exciting opportunity for a senior web developer based in our central Birmingham studio, to join our growing national Creative Design team. We’re looking for someone with strong sharepoint and front end development skills, who communicates clearly and persuasively to clients and engages with colleagues. The person for this role would be willing to expand upon their already exceptional skills and learn from other developers and technical disciplines in a fast-paced, progressive environment. Supporting the Technical Lead by working with the UX/UI team and creative designers to deliver world class engaging websites and web applications.
This role offers great scope to grow your experience areas, whether you’re developing front end code for rapid MVPs, or consulting on architecture for backend applications. There’s a huge opportunity to bring greater value to our variety of engineering, infrastructure and architectural design projects. You will bring your ideas, passion and problem-solving approaches to help us deliver fresh, digital solutions. You’ll be a team player, ensuring that delivery is of the highest standard, both visually and technically. You’ll support with managing the team and building a pipeline of work whilst embracing the variety and enjoy buzz of a dynamic working environment.
- Developing front end website architecture.
- Designing engaging user interactions on web pages.
- Developing robust and scalable back end services for web applications.
- Set up and management of servers and databases.
- Ensuring responsiveness of applications.
- Working alongside our UX/UI for web design features.
- Seeing through a project from conception to finished product.
- Designing and developing APIs.
- Meeting both technical and consumer needs.
- Staying abreast of developments in web applications and programming languages.
- Mentoring junior team members.
- Maintaining and updating SharePoint applications.
Degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Excellent HTML and CSS
- Strong knowledge of Bootstrap/Materialize CSS framework
- Extensive knowledge of relevant server side technologies e.g. Node based frameworks, PHP etc..
- Extensive experience creating and working with web services, REST, Soap etc
- Customized SharePoint solutions for front-end use.
- Extending SharePoint functionality with workflows, forms, web parts, and application technologies.
- Good knowledge setting up managing LAMP servers on Linux environments.
- Understand and how to set up and configure domain names and DNS
- Experience working with databases e.g NoSQL/Mongo/Azure Cosmos
- Good experience with Relational databases e.g MS SQL, My SQL, Postgres
Management & Team Handling:
- Comfortable holding client conversations and strong organizational and project management skills.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Good problem solving skills and attention to detail.
- Team management skills
- Experience with working with customising SharePoint and working with SharePoint REST api’s
- Experience with working with Wordpress and custom development of templates and plugins development
- C# ASP.net, dot.net core web api experience
- Good working knowledge of Scrum and Agile development methodologies.
- Experience working with cloud based services e.g Azure, AWS, Google cloud.
About Creative Design
‘Creative Design’ is not your typical in-house team. We are a proactive and creative team of over 60 designers, developers, visualisers, filmmakers and immersive media specialists, delivering world class interactive solutions to a wide range of Atkins clients including EDF, Highways England, Transport for London, HS2, Environment Agency, Faithful and Gould and the University of Edinburgh. We work collaboratively with Atkins’ teams and external clients, getting to the heart of problems and adding value and innovation to every project.
Our design principles underpin everything we do. We’re problem solvers who are excited by working together to find a solution. We create bespoke communications which focus on bringing meaning to content, make information more accessible and add value to projects. We create and implement viable concepts that utilise technology in a way that enhances outcomes and creates efficiencies. We invest in innovation and focus on upcoming technologies.
Creative Design in the press
Rewards and Benefits
The Atkins standard benefits package
(http://axis.eu.atkinsglobal.com/uk/peoplematters/rewards/Pages/default.aspx) is included in the job description template which can be found using the following link: http://axis.eu.atkinsglobal.com/uk/peoplematters/employ/Pages/recruitment.aspx
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
Atkins recognise that there are many well qualified people who are looking to further their career, but who cannot commit to full time employment. We support flexible working arrangements and are interested to discuss how we can accommodate individual requirements
Cities & development
We are an internal visual and digital communications team within a world-leading design, engineering and project management consultancy.‘Creative Design’, are looking to recruit a Senior Account Manag
Cities & development
Senior User Experience Designer - BirminghamAbout the Team‘Creative Design’ is not your typical in-house team. We are a proactive and creative team of over 60 designers, developers, visualisers, filmm
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs