Senior Geoenvironmental / Contaminated Land Consultant
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Atkins part of the SNC-Lavalin’s business is one of the world’s leading Design, Engineering and Project Management Consultancies. We have the breadth and depth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time critical infrastructure projects.
We are currently looking to appoint a confident Senior Geoenvironmental / Contaminated Land Specialist to join our Contaminated Land and Hydrogeology (CL&H) practice based in Leeds.
The vacancy is for someone who:
- is confident working in a team and independently;
- proven experience of organisation and management of contaminated land site investigation and qualitative / semi-quantitative risk assessment;
- combines excellent organisational, technical, numerical and communication skills to demonstrate logical thinking and concise reporting;
- proven experience of liaison and management with clients and subcontractors;
- is highly motivated and proactive, with demonstrable energy, drive and enthusiasm; and
- has an innovative nature with problem-solving skills.
The Contaminated Land & Hydrogeology (CL&H) Practice is a well-established, award winning, environmental and engineering practice with an extensive portfolio of regeneration and development projects and a highly skilled team winning numerous industry awards over the years. The successful candidate will be an important part of an innovative and technically excellent team helping deliver major projects. Atkins invests in our core technical disciplines with established technical networks for all aspects of contaminated land assessment and remediation which drive knowledge sharing, staff development and innovation across our practice and broader business.
As a member of our team you will be involved in range of office- and site-based projects, working with our experienced staff to deliver excellence to our clients, and will work closely with a wide range of other professionals to deliver holistic solutions to environmental and engineering problems. Our client and project base is highly diverse with current projects in the nuclear new build, oil and gas, regeneration and redevelopment and major road and rail sectors.
- Assistant Project Management and support of the technical delivery of a wide variety of projects ensuring delivery on time, within budget and to high standards.
- Providing technical guidance, constructive support and mentoring to junior staff and supporting their technical development.
- Liaison with clients, stakeholders, regulators, sub-contractors and other internal disciplines.
- Supporting senior management in developing new business and the preparation of commercial offers.
- Compliance with Health and Safety Policies and Procedures, including reviewing H&S Plans for site investigation and managing health and safety on site.
- Working with the local and wider Atkins team in advancing local and national projects.
- Developing own competence and maintain CPD necessary to fulfil the responsibilities of the role, with support from the business on own training and development needs.
BSc in geology / environmental science or other relevant subject (e.g. earth science or other science discipline).
Masters qualified in a relevant specialism, not essential.
Chartered or actively working towards becoming chartered through a relevant professional body.
- A minimum of 6-8 years relevant post-graduate experience.
- Experience of management of a range of site investigations and / or remediation.
- Knowledge and understanding of conceptual site models and the qualitative/semi-quantitative risk assessment process for controlled waters, human health and property receptors.
- Working knowledge and demonstrable understanding of the relevant legislation, technical guidance, industry standards and best practice.
- Excellent communication skills and proven ability to manage and mentor staff as well as managing time and work as part of a team as well as individual working.
- Flexible and prepared to take on new challenges including willingness to travel.
- Full UK driving licence.
Atkins develops individuals through a portfolio of activities designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents. Atkins recognises a range of career development paths and supports individuals to navigate through and across these providing opportunities that meet the most ambitious of aspirations. We offer a certified training Academy to develop staff to achieve Chartership within their chosen technical career and a Professionals Programme to ensure senior staff continue to develop their expertise. Staff development objectives are reviewed with individuals through an annual appraisal process, the outcome of which is a tailored and personal development plan for each member of our team.
Rewards and Benefits
Please refer to our website for details of our full benefits package.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.