Senior Geotechnical Engineer/Engineering Geologist – Epsom and London
We have an opportunity for a dynamic and motivated Senior Geotechnical Engineer/ Engineering Geologist in our Epsom and London office location.
This is a fantastic opportunity to take a leading role in developing a new team as part of a 270-strong national Ground Engineering Practice, with an industry leading portfolio of regional, national and international projects.
We need to increase our resources to meet the growing demands from our clients, especially in nuclear and the wider energy sector which includes carbon capture & storage, renewable energy (wind, current and hydro-power), low carbon engineering, offshore and onshore oil & gas. Strong growth prospects exist also in rail, highways, water, cities & development, airports and mining.
As a result, we’re looking to grow our team and need someone with the drive and enthusiasm to embrace the future. We have the depth of knowledge and breadth of expertise to help you build a bright career in this exciting and rapidly evolving sector.
As one of the UK’s leading geotechnical consultancies Atkins offers a comprehensive service in ground technology. Our geotechnical reputation is built on the skills, excellence and commitment of our people in all aspects of geotechnical engineering.
The successful applicant will be a Senior Geotechnical Engineer/Engineering Geologist with a proven technical and project management track record.
Candidates should have:
• A strong academic background with a relevant degree (ideally MSc or equivalent)
• Chartered status
• Proven experience of acting as a principal geotechnical engineer/engineering geologist in a fast-moving engineering consultancy environment
• Proven geotechnical design/engineering geology experience with a strong industry profile, which should include published technical papers and conference/seminar presentations.
• Excellent interpersonal and technical skills and the ability to develop and lead geotechnical design teams
• Excellent communication skills and confidence to proactively liaise with clients to grow the business through technical sales
• Good commercial track record in negotiating and running successful jobs
• Excellent report writing skills with the ability to self-check and produce accurate work
• A willingness to travel on short assignments both within the UK and overseas
We welcome the opportunity to discuss a flexible working pattern for this vacancy. For roles advertised under the category of flexible working we would encourage you to explore the flexible working options we are able to offer during the interview process.
The learning and development experience in our Ground Engineering team is different to that of most other companies. Here we thoroughly recognise the importance of our people and invest for the long term to provide them with the technical, commercial and managerial expertise they need throughout their career. At Atkins our staff continue to learn and develop irrespective of their position or experience.
Our investment includes our acclaimed technical conferences, regular presentations and discussion groups, field trips and bespoke training courses as well as active on the job mentoring. Fulfilling learning and development experiences include the opportunity for international assignments in a variety of countries.
We have also increased our investment even further by launching our Ground Engineering Professionals Programme, facilitating strong professional development to match the passion and skills of our talented people post-chartership.
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.