Senior Geotechnical Engineer
Senior Geotechnical Engineer
Senior Geotechnical Engineer
Why join us?
This position is based out of our office in Burnaby, BC and reports to the Geotechnical Operations Manager. It is responsible for providing business and operational leadership, the ideal candidate will have having superior client relations skills and a proven ability to generate new clients and projects.
SNC-Lavalin’s Environment & Geoscience group offers consulting services in the following areas: Geotechnical, Geoenvironmental, Environmental Risk Assessment, Contaminated Site Assessment and Remediation, Environmental Studies, Environmental and Social Impact Assessments, Air Quality and Green House Gas Emissions, Sustainability, Environmental Management and Planning, Geographic Information Systems, Rural Development, Waste Management, Hydrogeology and Water Resources.
How will you contribute to the team?
- Geotechnical engineering, project management, project leadership, and collaboration with staff and managers in other company business units, BC offices and out-of-province.
- Developing and executing annual business and pursuit plans for developing new business opportunities and growth within BC, including cross selling of services.
- Developing and maintaining a network of business contacts.
- Participating in or delegation of participation in local professional and/or business associations.
- Acting as a key technical geotechnical resource providing technical direction on and/or senior review of projects and proposals.
- Ensuring projects are adequately resourced and supported. Identifying and mitigating at-risk projects. Managing own projects.
- Develop and manage strong relationships with new and existing clients, field personnel, government and regulatory agencies and expand internal SNC-Lavalin network.
- Maintaining an up to date knowledge of existing and emerging opportunities, trends, regulatory requirements and best practices.
- Analyzing and preparing competitive proposals, recommendations and reports for projects relating to foundation design, slope stability, road structure design, seismic analyses, earth pressures, materials testing, and other geotechnical related projects.
- Participating in multi-disciplinary project teams, guiding and instructing others.
- Providing practical and economic solutions to clients that differentiate the team.
- Contributing to the overall strategic development of the Environment and Geoscience group, including growth, profitability and supporting the development of new processes, services, geographies and client sectors.
- Ensuring proper implementation and continued use of safety and quality assurance programs and corporate policies and procedures, including Ethics and Compliance.
What will you contribute?
- Bachelor’s or advanced degree in Geotechnical Engineering with a P.Eng. designation (Master’s degree in Geotechnical Engineering is preferred, eligible for registration with APEGBC.
- Minimum of 15 years relevant industry experience, since graduation, in geotechnical engineering related services, including seismic and liquefaction evaluation and mitigation experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with Lower Mainland geology and projects.
- Experience on linear infrastructure projects and familiar with applicable codes (such as CHBDC, AASHTO, NBCC, BCBC).
- Demonstrated local market knowledge and an established presence and reputation within the local geotechnical consulting and client network.
- Demonstrated record of client growth and leading project teams.
- Highly developed client management skills.
- Demonstrated successful track record with business development and proposals
- Solid understanding of the drivers within the geotechnical consulting industry (i.e., business trends, regulatory, economic, and political).
- Proven organizational, team-building, technical, project management skills.
- Superior writing and verbal communication skills, English fluency.
- Valid Canadian driver’s licence with a clean drivers’ abstract.
- Must be able and willing to travel for project work away from the home office.
Local candidates will be preferred and no relocation package will be offered.
At SNC-Lavalin, you will enjoy competitive compensation, a safe and healthy work environment, and a full range of benefits (ie.: group insurance, retirement savings plan, share purchase plan, continuing education program, etc.).
You think that a career in our team could match your profile, submit your application online now!
The masculine gender is used only to simplify the wording.
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs