Senior Geotechnical Engineer
Since 1911, we have been part of society’s progress on five continents … and we’re not done! Our teams bring together some of the most skilled professionals anywhere. People like you, who have the desire to stretch their talents. By joining SNC-Lavalin, you’re seizing the chance to grow with a leader in engineering and construction offering challenges that never cease to inspire. Take this opportunity to go further.
The successful candidate will play a key/lead role as a senior geotechnical engineer in a wide variety of geotechnical, geo-environmental and material engineering projects. Services will include design, technical report preparation, technical presentation and management as well as working with other professionals in the SNC-Lavalin offices on internal and P3 projects.
- Act as key technical geotechnical resource
- Lead/manage assigned geotechnical tasks
- Analyze and prepare recommendations and reports for projects relating to foundation design, deep excavation, trenchless crossing, slope stability, road structure design, materials testing, instrumentation and monitoring and other geotechnical related projects
- Contribute to the development of complex project proposals/cost estimates and participate in the process of securing new business opportunities or expanding the scope of existing projects
- Develop and manage relationships with clients, field personnel, government and regulatory agencies and expand internal network
- Provision of practical and economic solutions (value engineering) to clients
- Contribute to the overall strategic development of the Environment & Geoscience group, including growth, profitability and supporting the development of new processes, services, geographies and client sectors
- Provide technical expertise and/or direction, and act as a technical advisor to project teams and/or other technical staff within the organization as well as directly with internal and external clients
- Participate in multi-disciplinary project teams, guiding and instructing others
- Ensure proper implementation and continued use of safety and quality assurance programs and corporate policies and procedures
- Effective interpersonal skills, a strong client-service focus and the ability to work in a team environment are essential
- University degree in Geotechnical, Civil Engineering or Geological Engineering
- Registered with PEO as a professional engineer (P.Eng)
- Experience managing and mentoring a group of professional and technical staff would be considered an asset
- Minimum of 15-20 years relevant industry experience since graduation, in geotechnical engineering related services
- Must have proven local market knowledge and established local networks
- Proven organizational, team-building, technical, writing, and communication skills
- Valid Canadian driver’s licence with a clean drivers abstract
Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and hiring process as required by Company policy and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Successful applicants will be notified about SNC-Lavalin’s accommodation policies at the time the employment offer is extended, and the information will be shared with new personnel during the onboarding process.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.