Senior GIS Consultant - Birmingham
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Do you have the next big idea in GIS? Join our geospatial team to put your ideas into practice on some of the world’s most complex projects, from road and rail to renewables and nuclear energy. Our team thrives on innovation and taking data to the next level – and we have the awards to prove it. We’re looking for people who combine technical excellence with forward thinking and client focus, and can thrive in a consultancy environment. If you’re passionate about how geospatial solutions can solve real world problems, this is the team for you.
The role of Senior GIS Consultant is an exciting and rewarding opportunity for the right person to gain experience implementing GIS solutions across multiple disciplines and through all parts of a project’s life cycle. The successful candidate will work out of our Birmingham office. This position would suit someone who has experience of providing FME, Python and ArcGIS solutions in project environments.
- Either a degree qualification in GIS or a related field and more than five years work experience, or 10 years’ experience using GIS software
- Experience using ArcGIS 10x and its extensions
- Demonstrable experience of creating work benches in FME
- Experience of deploying and maintaining ESRI enterprise products
- Experience of providing GIS support in project focused environments with internal clients
- Proven experience of delivering high quality outputs to deadlines within pressurized environments
- Able to communicate the benefits of GIS internally
- Excellent communication skills in written and spoken English
- Holds or is able to attain security clearance
- Experience of working in a multi-disciplinary consultancy
- Experience with working / controlling a large number of evolving datasets
- Hands on experience of using CAD derived data within a GIS environment
- Experience of providing information management advice or solutions to multi-disciplinary projects
- Experience automating GIS tasks using Python
- Experience of PostGres/PostGIS
- GIS manager on a large infrastructure project.
- Regularly review staffing levels, tasks and costs on large infrastructure project.
- Work within a BIM project environment.
- Represent the UK Geospatial team and provide innovative GIS solutions to internal Atkins disciplines and external clients.
- Key contact for GIS data capture, cartography, analysis and modelling on projects. Including data licence support.
- Sell the benefits of GIS in a multi-disciplinary environment.
- Identify and develop business opportunities by providing client focused GIS solutions
- Manage own productivity
Atkins develops individuals through a portfolio of training and development activities designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents. These are reviewed with individuals through an annual appraisal process. We actively support staff in achieving corporate membership of relevant institutions.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.