Senior GIS Developer
Atkins has been experiencing a period of sustained growth across various market sectors. We are primarily a projects based business, providing technical consultancy & solutions to the UK market (in the main) and are seeking the right individuals to join our growing team in the South East.
We require a Senior GIS Developer to provide support across the project lifecycle. Clients are normally based in the UK but flexibility to work abroad is essential.
The right candidates will need to demonstrate a desire to be challenged and to contribute towards the success and growth of the business. In return we can offer career development, an empowered and supportive working environment and competitive reward package.
Applicants for this position must have the right to work in the UK without restriction.
The successful candidate will:
2. Perform and deliver allocated project tasks, to quality, time and budget requirements, as directed by the project manager and/or team leader
3. Work with the Geospatial Capability Lead to technically author bid responses and estimate effort required for delivery
4. Provide analysis of faults and develop patches for existing deployed solutions
Candidates will ideally be degree qualified (min 2:1) or equivalent, and have previous technical experience of GIS software development projects.
The successful candidate will:
2. have a diligent and accurate work ethic and strong problem solving skills;
3. be able to contribute to all elements of the project lifecycle: e.g. design, development, testing, software release, support and maintenance and documentation;
4. be up to speed with the latest geospatial technologies;
5. have an understanding of emerging technologies and how they can be used by Atkins to deliver next generation services and solutions;
6. have excellent communication in the English language, both written and verbal, and with colleagues and clients;
7. be able to work effectively both individually, and as part of a team;
8. have a strong work ethic and level of professionalism;
9. be organised and be able to think creatively
Demonstrable experience developing solutions using any of the following technologies is required:
1. Open source GIS (e.g. OpenLayers and GeoServer)
2. ESRI ArcGIS Server and Desktop products
3. FME Desktop and FME Server
4. Oracle Spatial
5. PostgreSQL / PostGIS
6. OGC standards
1. Some work outside normal office hours may be necessary. Travel to and from client sites and/or temporary secondment to client’s offices may also be required.
2. Secondments to other Atkins offices in the UK or overseas may be available. Please note that we will relocate from our current London office in Euston Tower to the Nova North building in Victoria in the first quarter of 2019.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.