Senior H+S Project Manager - Rail Infrastructure
SNC-Lavalin Rail & Transit is expanding its Infrastructure Projects division within the group’s portfolio. Providing Project and Construction Management consultancy services the department can also be combined with Overhead Line Electrification, Civil & Structural Engineering, and Permanent Way & Survey design support. This ‘holistic’ structure has led SNC-Lavalin becoming a market leader within the industry. SNC-Lavalin recognizes the importance of Quality and Professionalism and strives not only to achieve but often exceed the requirements of our Clients.
We are seeking an ambitious, focused and determined individual to control a range of Rail Infrastructure projects, ranging from small, medium and large in scale, as well as offering strategic support to Assistant Project Managers and Graduates within the team. The Project Manager will manage the strategic aspects of any applicable assignments and apply principles of risk management in order to mitigate the impact of identified risks.
Ensuring that the key project milestones are mapped out and achieved to meet contractual obligations. They will also keep a tight control on the costs associated to the project, ensuring they are delivered within budget whilst maintaining the integrity of the output quality.
The Project Manager will act on behalf of the client to manage external sub-contractors, ensuring work is undertaken and delivered effectively and productively. They will also be responsible for managing our own internal design resources, ensuring SNC-Lavalin’s quality of work is maintained and balanced against the client’s own requirements.
To be considered for the role, you will;
- Be a member of APM or capable of working towards MAPM qualified status.
- Have in-depth experience within the Rail industry, delivering complex infrastructure projects.
- Possess excellent contract/commercial management experience, particularly related to NEC.
- Have a good understanding of Construction Health & Safety.
- Have a working knowledge of Network Rail possession planning.
- Have an understanding of working within an Engineering Consulting business.
- Reinforce a team approach throughout the practice, both on client projects and internal initiatives.
- Support and solicit input from team members at all levels within the organization.
- Hold a valid PTS and CSCS accreditations.
- Holding a Nebosh Construction Certificate would be of benefit.
We support flexible working and equal opportunities as we believe that diverse teams provide the best mix of interpersonal and technical skills needed to exceed our customers’ expectations.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview.If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
Our Latest Articles