Senior Health & Safety Consultant / Health & Safety Consultant
Faithful+Gould is renowned for the expertise, experience and excellence of its people - we place great emphasis on developing individuals to progress through the business – we invest in our staff and help you get to where you want to be whilst giving you the freedom and flexibility to practice your profession and make the most of your potential.
This role has excellent prospects for an individual who has a desire to progress and enjoys working collaboratively within a team. As well as technical competence, we are looking for someone with the ability to think laterally, who possesses first class communication skills, has strong commercial awareness and will provide a first class service to our Clients.
We are looking for a sharp minded and motivated individual to:
• Work with our regional Health & Safety team to develop a market leading offer based in our Edinburgh office, becoming the first port of call for H&S matters, including client facing activities and business development
• Provide advice and support on H&S matters to other service disciplines, notably the Project Management and Building Surveying teams.
• Demonstrate a commitment to CDM and other Health & Safety services
• Undertake a wide range of Principal Designer duties on your own initiative
• Conduct regular site health & safety audits using a hand held PDA device
• Learn, understand and apply the principles of quality assurance.
• Keep abreast of relevant legislative changes
• Travel locally and nationally to visit client premises
• Chartered/Professional Qualification in Health and Safety
• NEBOSH qualified (minimum Construction Certificate)
• Member of APS / IOSH
• Experience in fulfilling a Principal Designer / Client CDM Advisor role
• Experience working in a proactive H&S role within a professional services/consultancy environment would be beneficial
• Good IT skills and working knowledge of MS Office: Word, Excel and Outlook
• Demonstrable knowledge and understanding of the component parts of CDM2015 and other Health & Safety issues
• Working knowledge of the Control of Asbestos Regulations 2012
• Strong Communication skills - experience of communicating with people at differing levels effectively through oral and written communication
• Client facing skills - experience of working with clients at a strategic/operational level and managing the relationships effectively
• Strong Planning and Organising skills - able to prioritise workload and deadlines and manage change effectively
• Effective problem resolution skills - solution orientated with the ability to manage problems and complaints assertively
• Team work skills - ability to work with others to achieve team and personal targets or objectives
• The ability to work concurrently on a portfolio of projects, including some large scale frameworks
• Competency in reviewing contractors method statements and risk assessments
• Familiarity with contractual obligations, legal breaches and remedies
• An understanding of the need for and ability to apply accuracy in all your work.
You should possess a willingness to continue to develop your career through our structured training programme.
Faithful+Gould develops individuals through a portfolio of training and development courses designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents. We provide a structured training scheme and endorse Continuous Professional Development Activities. Faithful+Gould are accredited Investors In People.
Atkins offers a fantastic range of benefits, which you can tailor to suit your own health, wellbeing, financial and lifestyle choices.
All the information you need to know is available on our dedicated benefits portal; your reward, which is available to access 24/7 from any device: https://www.yourrewardatkins.com
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.