Senior HR Advisor
SNC-Lavalin is going through an exciting period of change. A Canadian listed engineering and construction firm, on July 2017 they acquired the UK engineering consultancy Atkins bringing with it a great opportunity to re-position the SNC-Lavalin brand in the eyes of our markets and ahead of our competitors. The combined group now has approximately 50,000 employees around the world and both Atkins and SNC-L’s offerings combined give us the opportunity to continue our growth. The future of engineering and construction is in the greater use of data, combined with technologies to deliver our services more efficiently and bring different offerings to our clients. From apps, virtual reality and artificial intelligence, to mobility as a service and digital asset management, we are combining our traditional engineering skills with technology to fundamentally change the way we do things.
A Senior HR Advisor is required to work within our UK wide HR Operations team executing the successful delivery of HR case, TUPE and project management for our business groups. Aligning the HR people strategy to the business strategy. Working inclusively with key stakeholders and building collaborative partnerships.
Please be aware that role will include travel to other Atkins offices across the UK. Flexible working options may be considered for this vacancy.
- Management of ER cases and projects as appropriate (these are likely to be complex or business sensitive/large scale projects)
- Provide advice and support to managers and coach, influence, challenge as necessary.
- Escalation point for cases
- Manage projects and resource a team, as appropriate, to support the delivery
- Work closely with the business to deliver HR solutions that support business performance and objectives. This may include ‘people priorities’ organisational development, restructuring, performance management, talent review and succession, diversity and inclusion
- Project delivery as part of a specialist team
- Manage workload in a timely manner ensuring effective delivery in line with policy
- Review key learning points from cases/projects both for the business and HR. Share learning to support changes, improvements or learning activities.
- Ensure the management of end to end processes in line with customer needs whilst maintaining legal and compliance requirements
- Carry out risk analysis as appropriate
- Mentor HR Colleagues, supporting their development
- Ensure case management system is used effectively and workflow is continuously updated including any risk analysis.
In order for you to be successful you will need have the following requirements:
- Highly developed consultancy skills
- Technical expertise in TUPE, Project Management and Organisation Design
- Significant depth and breadth of generalist HR experience
- Ability to work collaboratively
- Strong coaching skills and ability to motivate individuals and teams
- Customer focus with a drive to deliver
- The courage to challenge or influence to allow the right decisions to be made
- Strong intellectual capability including analytical skill
- Articulate, dynamic and a professional team player
- Acts as a role model to others in all they do
- Good internal network within HR and other service lines
- Taking accountability for delivering results both personally/and with others
- Delegates tasks or responsibilities to provide development opportunities, knowledge share and job enrichment.
- Ability to motivate other team members and encourage collaboration and positive behaviours.
- Developed independent decision making
Atkins offers a fantastic range of benefits, which you can tailor to suit your own health, wellbeing, financial and lifestyle choices.
All the information you need to know is available on our dedicated benefits portal; your reward, which is available to access 24/7 from any device: https://www.yourrewardatkins.com
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance.
If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview.
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.