Senior HR Advisor
SNC-Lavalin is going through an exciting period of change. A Canadian listed engineering and construction firm, on July 2017 they acquired the UK engineering consultancy Atkins bringing with it a great opportunity to re-position the SNC-Lavalin brand in the eyes of our markets and ahead of our competitors. The combined group now has approximately 50,000 employees around the world and both Atkins and SNC-L’s offerings combined give us the opportunity to continue our growth. The future of engineering and construction is in the greater use of data, combined with technologies to deliver our services more efficiently and bring different offerings to our clients. From apps, virtual reality and artificial intelligence, to mobility as a service and digital asset management, we are combining our traditional engineering skills with technology to fundamentally change the way we do things.
A Senior HR Advisor is required to work within our UK wide HR Operations team executing the successful delivery of HR case and project management for one of our joint venture projects.
South Mimms is the primary location for the role with travel involved to other offices like Leatherhead.
This role will see you working alongside the HR team assisting with employee matters for circa 640 white and blue collar employees and focus on day to day HR ER issues. You will be working inclusively with key stakeholders and building collaborative partnerships.
The role will be supporting line managers across the full scope of escalated Employee Relations cases and where face to face support is required. You will be expected to proactively contribute to the continuous improvement within the HR department and work as an effective team member and build relationships with line managers across CPS.
You will be also be a crucial team member to the development of Employee Relations strategy and co-ordinate activities to drive continual improvement. You will be the HR ambassador for Atkins activity with the support of the wider HR team in Atkins and CPS
The HR team at CPS, Internal departments at CPS, Supply Chain, The support functions at CPS. The support functions at CPS as well as the Senior Leadership Team
External: The HR and recruitment teams in the parent companies, Occupational health Providers and Trade Unions
The role will interface with The Regional HR Operations team in parent Company by attending Regional monthly calls and quarterly Meeting, and will have dotted reporting line to the HR Regional Operations Manager in parent Company
Role and Responsibilities
- Provide expert HR advice to line managers and employees on day to day issues applying expertise and judgement to complex cases
- Ensure the management of end to end processes in line with customer needs whilst maintaining legal and compliance requirements
- Work closely with the business to deliver HR solutions that support business performance and objectives. This may include ‘people priorities’ organisational development, restructuring, performance management, talent review and succession, diversity and inclusion
- Support and assist the parent companies and CPS with projects and change initiates
- Facilitate disciplinaries, grievances, appeals, ensuring all files and documents are maintained and updated
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders (including Occupational health and Trade Unions), when required to ensure all cases are managed effectively and efficiently
- Keep abreast of all employee relations related legislative changes to ensure that knowledge is kept up to date in order to maintain consistency of approach
- Focus on continual improvement and joined up delivery
- To be a super user of HR systems
The following qualities/experience are essential:
- Experience of supporting managers through a broad range of Employee Relations issues
- Makes timely, informed decisions that consider the facts, commercial constraints and associated risks
- Ability to maintain confidentiality in sensitive matters and display excellent judgement and initiative when required
- Solid knowledge of employment legislation, particularly relating to employee relations
- Complex case management experience
- Ability to respond to competing priorities and manage a high and diverse workload
- Effective planning and organisation skills
- Proven experience in influencing and coaching managers on Employee Relations matters
- CIPD Level 5 or 7 desirable
Atkins offers a fantastic range of benefits, which you can tailor to suit your own health, wellbeing, financial and lifestyle choices.
All the information you need to know is available on our dedicated benefits portal; your reward, which is available to access 24/7 from any device: https://www.yourrewardatkins.com
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance.
If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview.
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.