Senior Human Resources Business Partner
Candu Energy Inc. is one of Canada's largest private sector nuclear engineering groups. We have been providing a wide range of services to the nuclear industry in Canada and around the world since for more than 60 years. We are proud to be the steward of Canadian CANDU nuclear technology and to apply our extensive knowledge to service the BWR/PWR market.
Our expertise includes: Nuclear Steam Plant (NSP) engineering, Balance of Plant (BOP) engineering, Plant Life Management and Extension, Retube Tooling Systems, Inspection and Maintenance Services, Steam Generator Replacement, Plant Equipment Refurbishment and Retrofits.
Summary of Position:
As a Sr. HR Business Partner you will be responsible for managing full life cycle of the employment experience primarily supporting the Engineering Function within the Nuclear Business Unit. You will work in collaboration with the HRBP’s & Labor Relations Manager to drive and consult with the business on employment related matters through the management of key client relationships, which includes having a thorough understanding of the business needs and having a strong influence with employment decisions that further develops our talent and ‘benchstrength’. This role is an integral part of the Human Resources team at SNC Lavalin Inc. Nuclear, acting as the main connection between the business leaders and the implementation of employment strategies and practices. Establish a partnership with the Engineering management team in order to meet business objectives and more specifically planning and resource development, reporting to the Vice President Human Resources.
- Committing to working safely and also responsibly in terms of the environment and our communities by integrating into every work practice an ownership of HSEE responsibility for self and work colleagues.
- Clear and comprehensive understanding of the link between talent and other HR initiatives and business strategy
- Extensive business acumen to help support strategic initiatives for the Nuclear Business Unit
- Ability to develop clear, actionable steps in support of an overall business strategy and to identify new ways for HR to support the business strategy
- Demonstrate confidence in leading, taking charge, and offering opinions and direction
- Interact with individuals at all levels of the organization and partner with the Labour Relations Manager as well as the Recruitment Consultant supporting the Nuclear Business Unit
- Ability to engage, develop and direct people and exhibit personal leadership skills
- Significant knowledge of HR policies, processes (e.g., workforce planning and talent management), and talent management practices
HR Service Delivery:
- Contribute to the business strategy by helping business leaders to identify, prioritize, and build organizational capabilities, behaviors, structures, and processes
- Implement and manage long-term HR Programs and Initiatives aligned with the strategic agenda. Review and benchmark the internal and external environment to improve HR policies and initiatives. Act as a liaison between the line and HR to ensure that HR services are aligned with internal client needs.
- Identify and drive the sharing of best practices across functions to facilitate continuous improvement of HR Services and Processes
- Identify new opportunities for HR to add value to the business and maintain knowledge of progressive HR practices and key trends
- Manage specific projects as determined in the annual HR operational plan/Nuclear Business Plan and contribute to functional and cross-functional initiatives
- Recommend new approaches, policies, and procedures to affect continual improvements in efficiency of department and services performed
Performance & Talent Management:
- Review key business performance targets and their related talent implications with business leaders.
- Support line managers in forecasting and planning their talent pipeline requirements in line with the function or business strategy
- Assist business unit leaders in providing employees with development opportunities that align with current and future performance standards
- Provide expert advice and coaching to Managers when appropriate
- Facilitate a strong leadership and coaching culture
- Evaluate reports, decisions, and results of department in relation to established goals
- Participate in developing department goals, objectives, and systems, and recommend necessary changes
Education and Experience Requirements
- A minimum of 5-7 years’ experience within Human Resources supporting a unionized organization in the engineering and construction industry would be an asset
- Bachelor’s degree and equivalent in human resources/business management
- Strong change agent with the ability to deal with competing priorities and be able to manage time appropriately
- Mentoring and coaching skills with a mature outlook to problem solving
- Excellent relationship management and influencing skills with a focus on delivering value added client experience
Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and hiring process as required by Company policy and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Successful applicants will be notified about SNC-Lavalin’s accommodation policies at the time the employment offer is extended, and the information will be shared with new personnel during the onboarding process.
What we offer at Candu Energy:
At Candu, you will enjoy competitive compensation, a safe and healthy work environment, and a full range of benefits (ie.: group insurance, retirement savings plan, share purchase plan, continuing education program, etc.).
• Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
• Competitive compensation package
• Motivational financial package & flexible benefits
• Defined contribution pension plan in which SNC-Lavalin contributes
• Work equipment provided according to the season;
• Employee Share Ownership Plan (ESOP)
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
• 3 to 4 weeks of vacation time depending upon the position
• Learning and Development programs, training, career opportunities
The masculine gender is used only to simplify the wording.
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com