Senior HVAC Mechanical Engineer.
Senior HVAC Mechanical Engineer.
Senior Mechanical Engineer
Why join us?
Under direction, provides the expertise of a seasoned engineer to all conventional aspects of functional area and applies advanced concepts and techniques to unconventional engineering problems. May function as individual researcher or technical specialist. Upholds engineering ethics and standards of conduct.
Assignments have clear and specified objectives and requires the investigation of a limited number of variables. Duties usually include the following with relation to mechanical engineering for building systems including hydronic heat transfer, air distribution, outside air calculations.
Atkins seeks an energetic and highly motivated self-starter to join our Orlando, FL
Architectural Engineering Group as a Senior Mechanical Engineer.
Atkins is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. Atkins has been providing infrastructure planning, engineering, construction, environmental consulting, urban planning, architecture, and program management services to public and private clients across the United States for more than 50 years.
Atkins has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
How will you contribute to the team?
- Responsibilities include performing HVAC load calculations, sizing and specifying equipment, ductwork and piping layout, and performing life cycle cost analysis of alternate HVAC systems for building. A high level of engineering judgement and experience in developing the appropriate quality engineering solutions, coordinates the activities of other team members and assists in production as needed to meet schedules. Need to function as a Project Engineer on specific projects of medium to large scope, participate in the firm’s marketing effort and supervise the tasks methods used by other personnel assigned to the project. Excellent verbal/writing skills and interpersonal skills to interface with owners, architects, other technical professionals and builders.
- Carries out complex or novel assignments requiring diversified knowledge of engineering principles and practices in broad areas of assignments. Work requires the use of advanced techniques and the modification and extension of theories, precepts and practices.
- Designs and develops plans and drawings, which may include the development of preliminary layout and/or final drawings.
- Organizes and conducts engineering investigations and planning work which have a well-defined scope. Outlines and prepares relatively straightforward reports of sections of more complex reports, working under the periodic review of a more experiences professional.
- Provides engineering services during construction activities by reviewing shop drawings for conformance with specifications; prepares records and progress reports defining constriction progress; observes construction procedures under the guidance of a more experienced professional and evaluated the results from quality control testing.
- Contributes to the development of specifications and permit applications and writes miscellaneous reports.
- Coordinates with other disciplines as required.
- Performs field observations of construction where appropriate.
What will you contribute?
- B.S. or M.S. in Engineering. This level may be achieved by Engineers with seven years since B.S or six years since M.S. Incumbents typically have ten to fourteen years’ experience since bachelor’s degree.
- Good technical writing, computer and communications skills.
- P.E. License is required.
What we offer at Atkins:
At Atkins, you will enjoy a robust rewards package which includes:
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
- Competitive salary
- Flexible work schedules
- Group Insurance
- Retirement Savings Plan with employer match
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Learning and development programs, training, career opportunities and a highly regarded tuition reimbursement program
If this sounds like you and you would like to expand your career with us, apply today! (call to action)
Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please review Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Atkins cares about your privacy and are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
Note to staffing and direct hire agencies:
In the event a recruiter or agency who are not on our preferred supplier list submits a resume/candidate to anyone in the company, SNC-Lavalin family of companies, we explicitly reserve the right to recruit and hire the candidate(s) at our discretion and without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. https://careers.snclavalin.com/recruitment-agencies
We are sorry but we currently have no jobs in this area.
Continue browsing to look at our other available opportunities
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs