Senior HVDC Cable Engineer
Senior HVDC Cable Engineer
Why join us?
SNC-Lavalin has an exciting full-time career opportunity for an Intermediate or Senior HVDC Cable Engineer to build a career in the area of Power Systems. The resource will report to our Montreal, QC (Canada) center of excellence and will be assigned on-location to a project in Riyadh (KSA) or Abu Dhabi (UAE).
The candidate will work in a fast-paced international consulting environment with excellent career growth opportunities.
Must be available for regular national, international and overseas business travel.
This position reports to the Project/Area Manager.
How will you contribute to the team?
Working in collaboration with the HVDC Team to prepare the following deliverables / provide the following engineering services (non-exhaustive list):
- HVDC Cable system performance specifications (and comprehensive specifications of underground and submarine cables and accessories);
- HVDC transition station and equipment specifications;
- Determination and review of cable routing and right of way;
- Review of marine surveys (bathymetric, geotechnical, environmental, etc.);
- Design and application of underground and submarine cable technology;
- Detailed design reviews of O.E.M. design documentation and drawings;
- Detailed design for cable accessories and related equipment (joints, terminations, DTS, cable monitoring system, etc.);
- On-site cable laying and Commissioning supervision;
- Factory testing supervision;
- Client interfacing, and providing expertise in HV cable systems;
- Feasibility and Techno-economic studies;
- Supporting the business development team (proposals, presentations, strategy, etc.).
- Cable Engineer will also be called upon to work on High Voltage AC cables.
What will you contribute?
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical/Offshore Engineering, from a recognized institution;
- 10+ years of relevant experience, particularly related to HV underground and submarine cable design/installation;
- Field experience in the installation of underground and submarine cables;
- Exceptional academic, extracurricular and professional record;
- Exceptional problem-solving and analytical capabilities with a focus achieving results;
- Team player with great interpersonal, communication and presentation skills;
- Client focused, highly autonomous, and ability to work under pressure;
- Eligibility for registration with a Professional Order of Engineers.
- Fluency in English language, both spoken and written. Additional languages will be considered an asset;
- Availability for international assignments;
- Proficiency in the following software tools (an asset): CYMCAP.
What we offer at SNC-Lavalin:
At SNC-Lavalin, you will enjoy competitive compensation, a safe and healthy work environment, and a full range of benefits (ie.: group insurance, retirement savings plan, share purchase plan, continuing education program, etc.).
You think that a career in our team could match your profile, submit your application online now!
The masculine gender is used only to simplify the wording. At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences. SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data. By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice. Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs