We have a great opportunity for a dynamic and motivated Senior Hydrogeologist to join our Contaminated Land & Hydrogeology team in Warrington. We are seeking an experienced hydrogeologist to take a leading role and input into some of our exciting and challenging contaminated land projects. The work involves local and national projects and frameworks being delivered by Atkins across a range of exciting markets, including the development of Cities, Transportation and Energy Infrastructure. We are looking for someone with the drive and enthusiasm to embrace the future of the industry. We have the depth of knowledge and breadth of expertise to help you build a bright career in this exciting and rapidly evolving sector.
Atkins, a member of SNC Lavalin is one of the world’s leading engineering and design consultancies; we have the breadth and depth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time critical infrastructure projects. The Contaminated Land & Hydrogeology Practice is a well-established, award winning, multi-disciplinary, environmental and engineering practice with an extensive portfolio of regeneration and development projects and a highly skilled team; notably with staff winning various awards over the past years.
The successful candidate will be an important part of an innovative and technically excellent team helping deliver projects to a number of the largest UK-based and international infrastructure projects. We are looking for highly motivated, proactive, confident and ambitious individual with excellent communication, writing and presentation skills and proven experience in the field of hydrogeology. As a member of our team you will be involved in range of office- and site-based projects with a proven technical, commercial and project management track record. Atkins’ hydrogeologists use the full range of their skills, working on water resources and land contamination projects as well as providing innovative solutions to engineering challenges. Our client and project base are highly diverse with current projects in the nuclear new build, oil and gas, regeneration and redevelopment and major road and rail sectors. We work on projects in the UK and around the world.
- Providing technical guidance, constructive support and mentoring to junior staff and supporting their technical development.
- Provide technical input and delivery of hydrogeological projects, including site investigation design and supervision, interpretation, development of robust conceptual site models, controlled waters risk assessments, numerical modelling and design reports.
- Review and technical overview of complex groundwater models relating to groundwater flow, contamination transport and civil engineering challenges.
- Review of relevant Environmental Impact Assessment chapters for a wide range of projects.
- Development of new business and clients to win work and preparation of commercial offers.
- Liaison with clients, stakeholders, regulators, sub contractors and other internal disciplines.
- Project management and technical delivery of a wide variety of projects including management of finances, and programme delivery.
- Organising / managing / checking site work and reporting.
- Preparation of H&S Plans for site investigations and managing health and safety.
- Supervision of contractors.
- Developing own competence and maintain CPD necessary to fulfil the responsibilities of the role, with support from the business on own training and development needs.
- Degree qualified in a relevant engineering or science subject (e.g. geology, geotechnics, hydrogeology, chemistry, environmental science).
- Masters qualified in a relevant specialism preferred, but not essential.
- Chartered with GeolSoc, IES, IEMA, CIWEM or equivalent.
- Experienced in preparing technical reports for qualitative and quantitative controlled waters risk assessment.
- Knowledge of common analytical modelling packages such as P20, ConSim, and RAM, with further experience in numerical groundwater modelling including MODFLOW, FEFLOW as well as 2-D packages such as SEEP/W.
- Demonstrate a proven track record of project management of hydrogeology projects including managing project teams resulting in delivery to high standards.
- Commercial awareness and understanding including being able to complete tenders.
- Ability and willingness to travel throughout the UK and work on short term assignments.
- Full UK driving licence.
We welcome the opportunity to discuss a flexible working pattern and flexible working locations for this vacancy. For roles advertised under the category of flexible working we would encourage you to explore the flexible working options we are able to offer during the interview process.
Atkins is committed to developing its staff and has recently established a professional’s programme which focuses the professional development of senior staff within the company. Atkins also invests in the core technical disciplines that comprise our business with established technical network forums for hydrogeology, contaminated land and brownfield regeneration which drives knowledge sharing, staff development and innovation across our practice and broader business.
We encourage participation in all forms of training and have an active programme of in-house and well as external training in addition to the professional program and technical networks noted above.
Rewards and Benefits
Please refer to our website for details of our full benefits package.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.