Senior Infrastructure Engineer (Automation)
Atkins is part of the SNC Lavalin Group of companies, the delivery of its IT is via a function called Group IS which is organised as a global operation with significant presence in India. Group IS has developed an operating model for 2020 to revolutionise the way IT services are provided to the company, moving from a ‘Business as Usual’ focus to an organisation driven by Business Value. Key concepts include: transitioning to digital products, adopting agile delivery approaches across the organisation, leveraging cloud services, and applying focus to supporting company project bids and delivery.
Purpose of the Role:
This is an exciting opportunity to be involved in one of our prime IT strategic initiatives, as we are seeking a talented, motivated professional with a sense of adventure, diversity of thought, and the combination of creativity and experience to make a difference. You will be part of Infrastructure Configurations & Automations team which architects, develops and implements the delivery of end to end task and process automation.
This role may suit an individual who has extensive experience in the delivery of automation task within a large globally distributed environment.
- Design, develop, simulate and test the automation of tasks using Microsoft Systems Centre Orchestrator.
- Deliver supporting documentation for the design, configuration, task automation and on-going support for the service.
- Development of the automation and integration of management platforms in line with the business strategy.
- Manage, review and monitor the service that provides task automation to the organisation.
- Produce relevant reports as to the status of the service and automated tasks.
- Act as the escalation point for all associated incidents to the service.
- Stay current with industry trends and developments, evaluating the new technologies and implementing where required
- Assist with managing the technology life cycle, deploying appropriate application versions and updates as required
Essential Technical Requirements
To be successful in this role we would expect you to have in depth experience with:
- Microsoft Systems Centre Orchestrator.
- Demonstrable experience with TSQL, VB and PowerShell scripting.
- Proven experience in interacting with REST API’s.
- Demonstrable experience of creating runbooks.
- Data modelling, analysis and manipulation in Microsoft SQL Server.
- Delivered end to end automation process.
- Defining runbook & activity standards.
Desirable Technical Experiences
- Knowledge of HTML 5 & CSS 3.
- Bot Framework technologies.
- Familiarity with other Microsoft System Centre products such as SCCM and SCOM.
- Microsoft Windows Server Operating systems.
- Active directory and Group Policy.
- HP, Cisco server hardware and VMware virtualisation technologies.
- Proven experience of delivering process efficiencies and improvements
- Ability to build and maintain efficient working relationships with remote teams
- Ability to plan, prioritise and complete your own work, whilst remaining a team player
- Excellent technical understanding of IT infrastructure products, standards and configuration
- Excellent communication skills and customer focus
- Shows initiative and can act independently to resolve problems
- Problem ownership and accountability, along with the initiative to identify/resolve potential problems without necessarily being assigned the task
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal at all levels
Atkins develops individuals through a portfolio of training and development activities designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents. These are reviewed with individuals through an annual appraisal process. We actively support staff in achieving corporate membership of relevant institutions.
Rewards and benefits:
Atkins offers a fantastic range of benefits, which you can tailor to suit your own health, wellbeing, financial and lifestyle choices.
All the information you need to know is available on our dedicated benefits portal; your reward, which is available to access 24/7 from any device: https://www.yourrewardatkins.com
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
Our Latest Articles