Senior Infrastructure Engineer
Atkins is part of the SNC Lavalin Group of companies, the delivery of its IT is via a function called Group IS which is organised as a global operation with significant presence in India. Group IS has developed an operating model for 2020 to revolutionise the way IT services are provided to the company, moving from a ‘Business as Usual’ focus to an organisation driven by Business Value. Key concepts include: transitioning to digital products, adopting agile delivery approaches across the organisation, leveraging cloud services, and applying focus to supporting company project bids and delivery.
Purpose of the Role:
This is an exciting opportunity to be involved in one of our prime IT strategic initiatives, as we are seeking a talented, motivated professional with a sense of adventure, diversity of thought, and the combination of creativity and experience to make a difference. You will be part of Infrastructure Configurations & Automations team which architects, develops and implements the delivery of Microsoft Systems Centre products.
This role may suit an individual who has extensive experience in the delivery and management of Microsoft Systems Centre Configurations Manager and its diverse set of features within a large globally distributed environment.
- Manage, review and monitor all elements of Microsoft Systems Centre Configurations Manager service.
- Produce detailed reports as to the health, capacity and status of the service.
- Resolving 3rd line support calls.
- Manage the end to end delivery of security updates throughout the enterprise.
- Support and maintain operating system deployments, builds and releases.
- Work closely with other members of the Technical Services team to ensure that complex infrastructure issues are resolved within a timely manner.
- Stay current with industry trends and developments, evaluating the modern technologies and implementing where required.
- Plan and manage the service technology life cycle, deploying appropriate application versions and updates as required
- Strong documentation skills.
- Monitoring and optimising the server environment.
- Managing technical policies and standards.
Essential Technical Requirements
To be successful in this role we would expect you to have in depth experience with:
- Microsoft Systems Centre Configurations Manager and all associated features within a large environment.
- Demonstrable experience with TSQL, VB and PowerShell scripting.
- Detailed understanding on vulnerability management within an enterprise.
- Operating system imaging through SCCM.
- SSRS & PowerBI report writing.
Desirable Technical Experiences
- Familiarity with other Microsoft System Centre products such as SCOM and SCORCH.
- Microsoft Windows Server Operating systems.
- Active directory and Group Policy.
- HP, Cisco server hardware and VMware virtualisation technologies.
- Proven experience of delivering process efficiencies and improvements
- Ability to build and maintain efficient working relationships with remote teams
- Ability to plan, prioritise and complete your own work, whilst remaining a team player
- Excellent technical understanding of IT infrastructure products, standards and configuration
- Excellent communication skills and customer focus
- Shows initiative and can act independently to resolve problems
- Problem ownership and accountability, along with the initiative to identify/resolve potential problems without necessarily being assigned the task
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal at all levels
Atkins develops individuals through a portfolio of training and development activities designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents. These are reviewed with individuals through an annual appraisal process. We actively support staff in achieving corporate membership of relevant institutions.
Rewards and benefits:
Atkins offers a fantastic range of benefits, which you can tailor to suit your own health, wellbeing, financial and lifestyle choices.
All the information you need to know is available on our dedicated benefits portal; your reward, which is available to access 24/7 from any device: https://www.yourrewardatkins.com
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.