Senior Infrastructure Engineer Storage
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Atkins, member of SNC Lavalin is one of the worlds’ leading engineering design Consultancies. We have the breadth and depth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time critical infrastructure projects.
As a provider of multi-disciplinary technical services to the built environment, Atkins Transport Planning are committed to planning, enabling and designing excellence in the delivery of first-class solutions which combines innovation, imagination and best practices.
Consultancy Practice of the Transportation Division of Atkins in India supports Atkins’ various overseas operations, including those located in the India, UK, Europe, Middle East and North America.
Covid -19 Update for India
We’re committed to our vision of People. Drive. Success!
This implies that our Recruitment team would still be actively involved in the hiring and would contact the deserving candidates, once we start proceeding towards normalcy.
The below mentioned jobs, are open to those who wish to take up new assignments, once the pandemic subsides as we pave way for more futuristic openings, spanning our various disciplines/departments.
The applicants are requested to apply to only one relevant job posting as this would enable the recruiters to screen the applications, comprehensively and then get in touch with them.
Our Group Information Services (Group IS) business is made up of digital, user service, technology and project management experts, working across multiple regions. Our teams are supporting close to 20000 people across the Atkins group including those based in offices and working on remote sites with our clients where we partner the business on some of the worlds iconic design and build and infrastructure projects.
Group IS having developed an operating model to evolve the way IT services are provided to the company, moving from a ‘Business as Usual’ focus to an organisation driven by a joint technology roadmap with the business and enabling business value. Here, the key focus areas include getting the basics right, being a true partner to the business, information assurance & security, career management for our staff, and supporting the organization on its digital journey.
The Senior Infrastructure Engineer position is a hands-on role to manage, monitor and support the storage related infrastructure and services. Working within the Storage Services Team within the Infrastructure Division you will provide support with resolving incidents, implementing customer requests, delivering on projects, delivery of new services and offering technical advice to project teams.
This role may suit an individual who has extensive experience within a 3rd line support environment and has proven experience troubleshooting storage related issues within a large organisation. There will be scope to develop scripts and automation processes to support a global environment. There is an expectation that the ideal candidate would be capable of leading on projects to ensure timely and effective delivery. The successful candidate is someone who is dynamic, analytical and able to come up with smart solutions within a tight budget.
The Senior Infrastructure Engineer will be responsible for:
- Resolving 3rd line storage related incident support calls
- Evaluating storage performance issues and storage requests
- Design/build/deploy storage solutions/resources
- Delivery of projects/new services and acting as the technical lead or a senior technical resource
- Improving/automating and scripting administrative procedures
- Transitioning incidents to and mentoring the global operational support teams
- Proactively monitoring the storage service environments for both capacity and faults
- Continual service improvement through best practise and new and innovative technologies
- Assist with managing the technology life cycle, deploying appropriate application versions and updates as required
Essential Technical Requirements:
To be considered for this role you must be able to demonstrate 8 years’ storage experience with:
- NetApp and EMC Isilon storage platforms
- Backup technologies
- Managing and maintaining data centre environments
- Working within a helpdesk / support environment, dealing with customer issues through to resolution
- Backup/Restore/DR procedures
- Knowledge of monitoring & reporting based systems
- Familiar with cloud-based technologies and implementation
- Experience of multiple operating systems and virtualisation technologies
- Active directory
You must also be able to demonstrate experience with:
- Advanced storage-based troubleshooting and monitoring
- Troubleshooting data structures and drive mappings issues
- Benchmarking and performance tuning
Desirable Technical Experiences:
- Backup technologies
- Networking fundamentals and basic troubleshooting
- Experience working within ITIL aligned Service Delivery organization
- Worked in an Engineering environment
- Proven experience of delivering process efficiencies and improvements
- Clear and fluent English (Both verbal and written)
- Ability to build and maintain efficient working relationships with remote teams
- Demonstrate ownership of and accountability for relevant products and services
- Ability to plan, prioritise and complete your own work, whilst remaining a team player
- Willingness to engage with and work in other technologies
The successful candidate will need to:
- Be highly self-motivated and ambitious
- Be able to work with limited supervision
- Be able to adapt to different cultures and working environments to build rapport with customers
- Be able to build excellent working relationships with colleagues and clients
- Have experience of using written and spoken English within a business environment
- Knowledge in French would be an advantage.
Atkins develops individuals through a portfolio of training and development courses designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents. We are an accredited Investor in People and run a Continuous Development Programme.
We in Atkins believe that people matter the most and this belief of ours has led to instilling a culture that embraces people irrespective of their race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
In today’s global market, diverse groups make better decisions and that better decisions lead to better business results, as such Atkins proactively recruiting and onboarding candidates from a diverse and talented applicant pool.
Our Latest Articles