SENIOR IT APPLICATIONS BUSINESS/FUNCTIONAL ANALYST
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is one of the leading engineering and construction groups in the world and a major player in the owner ship of infrastructure. From offices in over 50 countries, SNC-Lavalin’s employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide EPC and EPCM services to clients in a variety of industry sectors, including oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. SNC-Lavalin can also combine these services with its financing and operations and maintenance capabilities to provide complete end-to-end project solutions.
Scope of the role
Analyze complex organization business processes (financial, logistical, project controls and human resources, etc.) and automate/optimize/re-engineer processes through applications (in house, or packages like ERP - e.g. SAP, Oracle, JDE). Based on leading practices observed (internal/external) propose business processes improvements to enable effectiveness and efficiency. Review and approve documented business requirements and create and validate functional designs. Apply business/functional knowledge to complete application design and workflow systems; that provide seamless data integration. Coordinate, with minimal supervision, application change request process (maintenance and enhancement) in order to identify value, optimize delivery and promote adoption. Lead projects classified with medium to high risk profiles. Support the IT executive team and project management teams in decision making throughout project execution. Provide when required production application support.
- Planning related to the tasks associated with business analysis and the software development lifecycle (waterfall, iterative, Agile).
- Stakeholder Analysis is conducted to identify the stakeholders who will be impacted by the change and understand their influence and authority levels.
- Risk assessment using methods to identify risk, probability, impact and how to mitigate those risks.
- Facilitation skills for meeting senior management, and requirements workshop planning and management. Accountable for business relationship development and sustainment.
- Elicitation such as questioning techniques to gather information at the right level of detail and scope to represent all the stakeholder’s needs, and the ability to ask questions that lead to an understanding of the business need rather than what they want.
- Manage Requirements to understand the requirements change process, and traceability.
- Communicating Requirements including the use of presentation skills and the ability to create a requirements package at all levels including senior management.
- Organizational Analysis to identify current capabilities and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Utilizing various modeling techniques such as process modeling, data modeling, system modeling.
- Interface analysis, the understanding of technology infrastructure and how it interconnects, including sharing data to achieve a business goal.
- Writing requirements using different approaches such as use cases, activity diagrams, sequence diagrams and state charts, data dictionaries, class or entity relationship diagrams.
- User experience, knowing how a user interface helps the user to successfully complete a task, also known as usability.
- Information Technology curiosity, to take responsibility and ownership of staying to date with industry leading IT standards and practices
- Develop and test solutions in collaboration with end-users, execute production migration and post-install support
- Improve process flow and user documentation for the implemented applications and enhance user knowledge and competency
- Maintain a stable and accurate Applications production instance that meets customer needs in line with compliance and audit policies
- Create and manage Support Service Requests as and when required
- Design and manage the delivery of program specifications based on consultations with supervisor, programmers, external contractors and end users
- Cross train internal IT on new features, functionality and integrations
Desired Job Experience:
- Bachelor degree in information technology, Engineering, Project Management or equivalent
- More than 7 years business and functional experience in agile applications development (project controls, change management, process automation, etc..) including requirements gathering, design, configuration, unit testing and integration testing.
- Experience dealing with a complex IT Ecosystem
- Experience with AgilePoint NX/7 process automation is an asset.
- SQL, ASP.Net MVC design, configuration and hands on experience.
- Strong analytical, design and documentation skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Business acumen (E&C Industry an asset)
- Communication skills, good listener
- Strong technical background (SQL, ASP.net, C#, Excel, Visio)
- Customer focus
- Working with IT outsourcing partners
- Analytical mind
- Solution oriented
- Negotiation skills
- Capacity to function in a changing environment
- Act as a change agent