Senior IT Infrastructure Designer
Why SNC Lavalin?
SNC-Lavalin is truly a global leader in its field and has been chosen to design and build some of the most prestigious prizes in the world. Within Canada, our Rail & Transit team has been selected to design and deliver most of the recent Greenfield and Brownfield LRT, ALRT and Light Metro jobs awarded in the last 10 years including the Canada Line, Calgary West LRT, Edmonton North LRT, the Evergreen Line, the Confederation Line and Eglinton-Crosstown. We are actively working on delivering the Confederation Line (Ottawa) and Eglinton-Crosstown (Toronto) and have a number of other projects at the proposal stage or awaiting award.
How will you contribute to the team?
- Create and design complex IT architectures;
- Design and develop innovative solutions to customer requirements based on virtualization (VMware and Hyper-V) and public/private cloud infrastructure;
- Technical lead, focusing on complex industrial networking and IT infrastructure design and integration aspects, of all communication technologies proposed for bids and deployed on projects, including all hardware and software components.
- Supporting all data networking and IT design life-cycle activities, from requirement analysis to conceptual design, detail design, Integration, verification and validation, O&M and system retirement.
- Technical document writing and vendor or peer document review
- Working closely with the other Systems Design managers and relevant teams on specification and delivery of overall IT infrastructure solution .
- Support Factory Integration Test (FAT), Site Acceptance Test (SAT) and System Integration Test (SIT) and test documentation and testing.
- Support of construction and installation activities in the field
- Assistance with the generation of O&M detail design documentation
- Training the growing design integration team sharing knowledge and experience from previous projects and relevant industry best practice;
What will you contribute?
Essential Experience and Skills:
Technical Skills and Experience
- Extensive experience with VMWare technologies and architecture, virtualization and containers environment;
- Experience with Public and Private Cloud environments such as AWS, Microsoft Azure, etc.
- IT Infrastructure automation across physical, virtual and cloud domains, using (scripts, Python, JSON, Ansible, Kubernetes, etc.)
- Strong MS Windows Server skills (Active Directory, Domain, PKI, SQL, etc.);
- Advance knowledge and experience with, SIEM, NMS and deploying virtualized Cyber Security appliances over VMWare.
- Familiar with Industrial Cyber Security standard such as NIST-800, NERC CIP, ANSI/ISA-62443, ISE27001&27002, Etc.).
- Good knowledge of Advance modern Network Architecture, EVPN, Ethernet Fabric and Segment routing.
- Proven experience in Integration of various complex systems from various vendors to data communication backbone. Experience in integration of a large scale CCTV and Access control will be considered valuable.
- Minimum 10 yrs of proven work experience, with senior/expert knowledge in IT/OT/ICT’s technologies, trends and eco-system
- Ability to Initiate, review and critique an ICT system design, can work independently, delivers top quality design and mentor others.
- Experience with RFP and RFQ processes and relevant documentation will be considered valuable.
- Strong technical troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Accustomed to working on multiple projects at the same time
- Self-motivated, self-Learner and able to work with limited direct supervision
- Able to interact with senior staff as a mentor or technical lead
- A genuine team player, willing to share knowledge and can think out of the box
• Must be willing to travel to project sites
• Must be willing to travel to vendor locations
• Must be able to work away from home for periods of time
• M.Eng Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent.
• Candidates PEO licenced in Ontario will be preferred
What we offer at SNC-Lavalin:
At SNC-Lavalin, you will enjoy competitive compensation, a safe and healthy work environment, and a full range of benefits (ie.: group insurance, retirement savings plan, share purchase plan, continuing education program, etc.).
• Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
• Competitive salary
• Motivational financial package & flexible benefits
• Defined contribution pension plan in which SNC-Lavalin contributes
• Work equipment provided according to the season (boot, bib, helmet, gloves, etc.);
• Employee Share Ownership Plan (ESOP)
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
• Learning and Development programs, training, career opportunities
The masculine gender is used only to simplify the wording.
Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and hiring process as required by Company policy and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Successful applicants will be notified about SNC-Lavalin’s accommodation policies at the time the employment offer is extended, and the information will be shared with new personnel during the onboarding process.
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com