Senior IT Network Engineer
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
SNC-Lavalin’s Atkins business was ranked as the world’s 3rd largest global design firm by ENR in 2018 with nearly 55,000 employees worldwide. We have the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
SNC-Lavalin Atkins business seeks an energetic and highly motivated self-starter to join our Orlando, FL team as a Senior IT Network Engineer.
Serves as a senior network engineering resource for the network supporting the North American enterprise for Atkins, with a primary focus on the effective operations and engineering of enterprise networking.
- Ensures that IT global initiatives and standards are achieved within the scope of responsibility.
- Complex, varied, non-standardized tasks, processes, or operations.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- B.S. degree in Civil Engineering or an ITS-related subject such as Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Transportation Planning, Economics, Business, Law, or Information Technology. ITS-related Master's degree can substitute for one year of experience.
This level may be achieved by candidates with seven (7) years’ experience since Bachelor’s or six (6) years since Masters’ degree. Relevant work experience would include information and communication technologies and/or ITS, such as fiber-optic communication design, video systems engineering, traveler information, electronic payment, computer hardware and software, or traffic control systems.
- Branch & Wide area network design, routing protocols like BGP, EIGRP, OSPF, IS-IS, IPv4 & IPv6, Multicast, DNS, DHCP etc.
- QoS design, deployment strategies and architectures.
- Campus Network Design and Switching protocols like VLAN Trunks, STP, VTP, CEF, Ether Channel, HSRP/VRRP, FabricPath, etc.
- IP Telephony, Wi-Fi network setup (Aerohive experience and Cisco Call Manager, Cisco Unity or Avaya CM experience is a plus)
- Firewall & UTM device installation, configuration and maintenance etc. (Checkpoint or Netscreen experience is a plus)
- Proxy Services like Bluecoat, Microsoft TMG, etc.
- Monitoring tools like CA eHealth, Solarwinds Orion, PRTG, or Ciscoworks
- Firewall, IDS/IPS, AAA/RADIUS, remote access and other networking technologies from Cisco, Juniper, Checkpoint etc.
- WAN Optimization technologies such as those from Cisco WAAS or Riverbed RiOS
- Windows 2000/2003/2008 Server, UNIX & Linux operating systems
- Server & Desktop Virtualisation Technologies
- Microsoft technologies like Exchange, Active Directory, CCM, WSUS, MDOP, SCOM, ISA, OCS/Lync etc. (experience integrating Micorosoft OCS/Lync to Unified Communications is a plus)
- Various network storage (SAN/NAS) & backup technologies
- IT asset management & ITIL framework
- Ability to communicate clearly both orally and in writing, with special ability to communicate technical concepts to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Ability to work effectively with managers, IT staff and users to assess needs and analyze problems.
- Skilled in identifying problems and solving them. Skilled in mastering the application of new technology and researching new products.
- CCNA certifications in other disciplines or passing CCIE written are required.
- CCNP in R&S preferred.
- ITIL certification is a plus.
- Security+ desired.
Atkins offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes: a competitive salary; a broad benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, disability, legal, hospitalization and other valuable voluntary options; generous time-off programs; flexible work schedules; 401(k) with employer match; professional and career development opportunities through our corporate university, as well as a highly-regarded tuition reimbursement program; and an unmatched culture focused on client-service, quality, and tireless pursuit of excellence in all we do. Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please view Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy.
Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.