Senior Landscape Architect - Bristol
Atkins Architecture, Masterplanning and Landscape Practice are looking to appoint a talented and enthusiastic Senior Landscape Architect to join our teams based in Bristol.
Our work includes a diverse and expanding portfolio of public realm, schools design and environmentally focused linear infrastructure schemes, including high profile private and public-sector city, development and infrastructure projects across the UK.
Working within a multi-disciplinary team environment, this role would suit a Landscape Architect looking to further develop their career within a forward-thinking consultancy environment. The role will involve providing assessment, design and project delivery from concept through to detailed design and construction at varying scales from feasibility to masterplanning.
Responsibilities will include:
• Undertaking site analysis and survey to advise on constraints and opportunities
• Preparing scaled drawings and drafting reports of acceptable technical and presentational quality
• Preparing specifications for design and construction for hard and soft landscape
• Liaising with clients and other professionals to establish landscape requirements
• Delivering agreed tasks to time and budget
• Presenting technical work at meetings
• Mentoring more junior colleagues
We are looking for someone to:
• Be creative in their approach
• Chartered or towards Chartered ship is preferred.
• Have relevant experience and working knowledge of areas including:
a) European Landscape Convention, UK legislation, planning and EIA process
b) Landscape and Visual Impact Assessment in accordance with the latest best practice guidance including GLVIA3, Highways England DMRB and relevant IANs, EA guidance etc
c) Landscape character assessment, environmental site appraisal, site planning, and environmental design
d) Environmental and Landscape Management Plans
e) Verified photomontage views and visualizations
• Have a strong interest in the development and application of digital toolkits in LVIA etc, landscape characterizations, environmental and landscape management
• Demonstrate competence in AutoCAD and the use of Adobe software packages and 3-D visualization i.e. SketchUp an advantage
Please ensure that you provide either a link to your online portfolio or attach a portfolio of your work as part of your application submission in PDF format (size <10mb)
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not refer to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.