Senior Landscape Architect - Epsom
Senior Landscape Architect - Epsom
Chartered Senior Landscape Architects - Epsom
Atkins have exciting opportunities for talented and enthusiastic Chartered Senior Landscape Architect based in our Epsom offices.
Atkins is an award-winning and market-leading global design, engineering and project management consultancy. Our practice wide team of 75 landscape architects, urban designers and masterplanners work throughout the UK and internationally, delivering award-winning and inspiring designs that transform people’s lives. We have an established innovative team within Atkins with over 40 years of experience. We are proud of our rich heritage as one of UK’s larger landscape practices and the future growth opportunities available within the Atkins landscape, urban design architecture and masterplanning practice.
We are a regionally focused and nationally connected practice working in a multi-disciplinary environment. We deliver a diverse portfolio of high-profile public and private sector infrastructure and city projects. In 2020 we led the environmental assessment and design of Havant Thicket Reservoir Project for Portsmouth Water, a new open water reservoir for the south east that includes visitor centre and facilities, and extensive wetland.
Working in a multi-discipline team this role would suit a Chartered Landscape Architect, with the knowledge and experience to take a lead role in the assessment and environmental design of large scale projects through the planning system. We are interested in candidates who see LVIA as an exciting opportunity to inform and influence a scheme development and the decision making process through good environmental design. This role offers a wide variety of experience and provides an excellent opportunity for career progression covering all aspects of work including project and team management, internal and external client liaison, and the generation of new business.
The successful candidate will need to demonstrate innovative design ideas, high quality presentation and communication skills, and competence in undertaking site surveys and writing technical reports. It is important that they enjoy working in a stimulating multi-discipline environment and are capable of providing sound landscape advice and solutions at all stages of project development.
- Degree in Landscape Architecture and CMLI (post 3 years)
- Relevant experience and working knowledge of:
- ELC, UK legislation, planning and EIA process
- LVIA in accordance with the latest best practice guidance and standards including GLVIA3 and DMRB
- Landscape character assessment, environmental site appraisal, site planning, and environmental design
- Environmental and Landscape Management Plans
- Verified photomontage views and visualisations
- An understanding of the principles of SuDS
- Ability to support contract documentation and site supervision
- Understanding of and demonstrable experience in BIM.
- Highly motivated and able to lead and manage tasks and programmes on projects both in multidiscipline teams or show ability to work independently on own initiative including self time-management against budgets.
- Management of project teams and mentoring less experienced team members.
- Taking responsibility for project workload within a team.
- Proven track record of client management and successfully winning work, including the preparation of project scope and fee proposals.#
- Ability to work under pressure, and have proven success in meeting tight deadlines
- Flexible and self-motivated, confident team worker, but able to work with limited supervision
- Excellent communication, written and presentation capabilities to support project delivery from feasibility through to construction.
- Commercial awareness and business development skills
- Strong interest in the development of and application of digital toolkits in LVIA etc, landscape characterization's, environmental and landscape management.
- Competence in AutoCAD and be able to demonstrate the use of Adobe software packages. 3-D visualisation i.e. SketchUp an advantage.
- Good interpersonal skills and fluency in English.
- Familiarity with working in a quality assurance environment (desirable).
In return, we offer a competitive salary and benefits package with training opportunities, and career development opportunities that include technical, project and business management skills within Atkins - an award winning and market leading international consultancy. Our Landscape Architects and Urban Designers have unrivalled experience in design and environmental assessment. We are one of the largest landscape practices in the UK.
Applicants must hold a full valid driving licence.
Your rewards and benefits will include:
- 25-day annual leave allowance plus Bank Holidays with flexibility to buy/sell annual leave
- Annual LI membership professional fees paid for
- 2 paid days a year to be used for volunteer activities
- Cheaper gym memberships and many other money saving opportunities
- Cycle to Work Scheme (entitling you to a tax-free bike)
- Discounted rates on gadget insurance and other services
- Option to purchase additional benefits such as dental, holiday insurance at reduced rates
- Season ticket loans for annual travel expenses
- Employee Assistance Programme
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
Atkins recognise that there are many well qualified people who are looking to further their career, but who cannot commit to full time employment. We support flexible working arrangements and are interested to discuss how we can accommodate individual requirements.
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
Cities & development
Atkins have exciting opportunities for talented and enthusiastic Assistant Landscape Architects open for Epsom Location.Atkins is an award-winning and market-leading global design, engineering and pro
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs