Senior Lighting Engineer
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced, ambitious lighting professional to join the growing Lighting practice at Atkins. The ideal candidate will have experience in a varied range of lighting applications across the highways, transportation and infrastructure sectors.
The successful candidate will be enjoying a successful career in lighting and be ready to take the next step in their development.
• Responsible for the delivery of technical consultancy support related to exterior lighting projects and businesses as required
• Liaising with customers in a responsive and client focused manner
• Engaging with customers and other stakeholders to develop appropriate solutions
• Supporting the Team Leader and other teams with the development of technical solutions, reports and management of projects.
• Responsible for leading and completion of specifically assigned tasks to time and cost.
• Adhering to the company’s Quality, Safety and Environmental procedures.
• Delivering projects to time and budget
• Assigning work to and checking the project work of other staff.
• Mentoring and supporting the development of others.
• Qualified to least HNC in electrical engineering, or similar discipline
• Registered full Member of the Institution of Lighting Professionals
• Engineering Council registered to CEng or IEng
• ILP Exterior Lighting Diploma or its predecessor
• Experience of BS 7671 (17th or 18th Edition Wiring Regulations)
• Proven ability to apply lighting standards in such a way to deliver client requirements
• Substantial experience of Highways England (HE) and local authority requirements
• Experience in stakeholder engagement at senior client and contractor levels
• Proven ability to act as discipline lead on multi-disciplinary projects
• Proficient in all Microsoft Office software particularly MS Excel and Word
• Proficient in discipline design software particularly AutoCAD, Lighting Reality and electrical cable sizing software.
• Experience of the preparation of technical reports
• Ability to supervise a small team undertaking checks and inspections of constructed works for compliance with design and specifications, including monitoring and proposing remedial actions
• Proven ability to deliver work within set timeframes.
• Proven ability to project manage projects ensuring a consistent high-quality output
• Excellent interpersonal, organisational and communication skills
• A team player, dedicated to the delivery of projects
• Works to personally set deadlines with minimal supervision
• Ambitious, confident and professional manner
• Able to use initiative and has a desire to continuously improve
• Enjoys working on a variety of complex projects
• Dedicated to continuous professional development
• Flexibility for occasional periods of working away from normal office location
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.