Senior M&E Cost Manager
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Faithful+Gould is one of the world’s largest project and cost management consultancies, employing over 2000 staff, with a turnover in excess of £200 million and an expanding office base in the Asia Pacific region, Continental Europe, the UK and USA.
In London & SE F+G have offices in central London, Epsom, Tunbridge Wells & Cambridge.
We are currently working on a large number of both residential and commercial office new build, fit out and refurbishment schemes in London & the South East, along with a number of complex mixed use projects with some of these sector’s leading developers.
We are currently looking to recruit a Senior MEP Cost Manager to lead the MEP Quantity Surveying department within F+G’s QS Property team.
• Full MEP quantity surveying and cost management duties
• Provision of pre contract feasibility and viability advice
• To ensure the highest quality service delivery to clients
• To provide high quality MEP cost advice to the Qs Property team
on complex projects across a range of sectors feeding in to
traditional property building projects and also MEP specific
projects such as data centres, mission critical & plant replacement schemes.
• Be an active member of F+G’s Mission Critical Business Development forum to develop & participate in the strategy and action plan for growth in this sector
• Involvement in bidding for new opportunities & attending interviews for new work
• Internal commercial & resource management of projects to achieve profitable returns.
• Provide leadership, guidance, care and mentoring of supporting staff
• BSc in Quantity Surveying, ideally Chartered (MRICS/CIBSE or equivalent) or ‘learnt by experience’
• In depth knowledge and experience of Mechanical and Electrical systems across a variety of sectors including residential, commercial office, hospitality & education.
• Data centre experience an advantage but not essential
• Demonstrable track record in the successful delivery of pre and post contract MEP cost management services
• Knowledge and understanding of mechanical and electrical component parts of a project and overall construction costs
• Ability to advise clients on key MEP cost drivers, project costs, value engineering & benchmarking
• Feasibility and cost planning, procurement advice, tender documentation and post contract services
• Effective and efficient knowledge of a range of project procurement options
• Ability to lead a team of MEP QS.
• Experienced in client, consultant & contractor facing roles
• Ability to secure repeat & new business with clients.
• Used to working to tight and ever changing deadlines
• Numerically accurate
• Excellent Communication skills
• Outgoing, flexible, enthusiastic and ambitious
Faithful+Gould develops individuals through a portfolio of training and development activities designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents. We provide a structured Continuous Professional Development Programme. Faithful+Gould is accredited Investors In People.
Reward and Benefits
Faithful+Gould want to hear from you.
Atkins offers a fantastic range of benefits, which you can tailor to suit your own health, wellbeing, financial and lifestyle choices.
All the information you need to know is available on our dedicated benefits portal; your reward, which is available to access 24/7 from any device: https://www.yourrewardatkins.com
Please note that we will relocate from our current London office in Euston Tower to the Nova North building in Victoria in the first quarter of 2019.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.