Senior Mechanical Engineer
Atkins is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. Atkins has been providing infrastructure planning, engineering, construction, environmental consulting, urban planning, architecture, and program management services to public and private clients across the United States for more than 50 years.
Atkins has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
Atkins seeks an energetic and highly motivated self-starter to join our Orlando, FL Engineering Group as a Senior Mechanical Engineer.MAJOR FUNCTION/ROLE
Under direction, provides the expertise of a seasoned engineer to all conventional aspects of functional area and applies advanced concepts and techniques to unconventional engineering problems. May function as individual researcher or technical specialist. Upholds engineering ethics and standards of conduct.
Assignments have clear and specified objectives and requires the investigation of a limited number of variables. Duties usually include the following with relation to mechanical engineering for building systems including hydronic heat transfer, air distribution, outside air calculations.JOB DUTIES
- Responsibilities include performing HVAC load calculations, sizing and specifying equipment, ductwork and piping layout, and performing life cycle cost analysis of alternate HVAC systems for building. A high level of engineering judgement and experience in developing the appropriate quality engineering solutions, coordinates the activities of other team members and assists in production as needed to meet schedules. Need to function as a Project Engineer on specific projects of medium to large scope, participate in the firm’s marketing effort and supervise the tasks methods used by other personnel assigned to the project. Excellent verbal/writing skills and interpersonal skills to interface with owners, architects, other technical professionals and builders.
- Carries out complex or novel assignments requiring diversified knowledge of engineering principles and practices in broad areas of assignments. Work requires the use of advanced techniques and the modification and extension of theories, precepts and practices.
- Designs and develops plans and drawings, which may include the development of preliminary layout and/or final drawings.
- Organizes and conducts engineering investigations and planning work which have a well-defined scope. Outlines and prepares relatively straightforward reports of sections of more complex reports, working under the periodic review of a more experiences professional.
- Provides engineering services during construction activities by reviewing shop drawings for conformance with specifications; prepares records and progress reports defining constriction progress; observes construction procedures under the guidance of a more experienced professional and evaluated the results from quality control testing.
- Contributes to the development of specifications and permit applications and writes miscellaneous reports.
- Coordinates with other disciplines as required.
- Performs field observations of construction where appropriate.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- B.S. or M.S. in Engineering. This level may be achieved by Engineers with seven years since B.S or six years since M.S. Incumbents typically have ten to fourteen years’ experience since bachelor’s degree.
- Good technical writing, computer and communications skills.
- P.E. License is required.
Atkins offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes: a competitive salary; a broad benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, disability, legal, hospitalization and other valuable voluntary options; generous time-off programs; flexible work schedules; 401(k) with employer match; professional and career development opportunities through our corporate university, as well as a highly-regarded tuition reimbursement program; and an unmatched culture focused on client-service, quality, and tireless pursuit of excellence in all we do. Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please view Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:http://careers.atkinsglobal.com/File.ashx?path=Root/Documents/north-america-welcome-new-employee/Equal_Opp_Stmt.pdf Atkins cares about your privacy.
Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to Atkins, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Our Latest Articles