Senior Mechanical Engineer
Senior Mechanical Engineer
Why join us?
SNC-Lavalin provides cutting-edge engineering, procurement, construction and financing solutions to projects in more than 100 countries around the world. Our multicultural workforce is driven by a fierce pride in their work and a pioneering vision.
SNC-Lavalin is truly a global leader in its field and has been chosen to design and build some of the most prestigious projects in the world.
The Life Sciences team within the Industrial Engineering division is currently looking for a Senior Mechanical Engineer, Building Mechanical Services, for its Toronto office, to act as a Senior Technical Specialist and Design Professional. We’re seeking an enthusiastic team member for developing and delivering engineering services in the Pharmaceutical, Biotech and Agro/Food Industries.
How will you contribute to the team?
To perform this role successfully, the individual will be responsible for but not limited to the following:
- Engage clients to identify and collect project specific information.
- Develop project requirements specifications.
- Develop innovative solutions, designs and engineering specifications for mechanical systems (including HVAC, Chilled Water, Steam and Plumbing systems).
- Develop controls specifications for mechanical systems.
- Prepare detailed design calculations and layouts.
- Support the development and expansion of the engineering group with leadership and participation in industry events.
- Participate in industry events through white papers or presentations.
- Support international projects.
- Manage small scale projects independently.
- Coordinate with other disciplines in planning and executing project tasks (including Architectural, Structural & Electrical).
- Guide and mentor Designers and/or Drafters.
- Develop and update project standard specifications.
- Support the development of takeoffs and cost estimates.
- Ensure all completed work conforms to contract requirements.
- Conduct site visits and inspections, followed by necessary reports.
- Prepare and write concept & feasibility studies.
What will you contribute?
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering specializing in Building Mechanics Professional Engineer in Ontario (PEO) mandatory.
- 15 years of experience in Building Mechanical System sector.
- Experience in the design of ventilation for specialized environments and utilities for production processes.
- Understanding of requirements for GMP Pharmaceutical cleanrooms, API facilities, and containment systems, including the design of CL and BSL facilities.
- Strong Communication Skills and Capacity to Engage Clients.
- Computational Fluid Dynamic airflow modelling.
- Capable of executing some level of design work in AutoCAD independently.
- Capable to use specialized engineering software e.g Carrier HAP.
- Capable of making assumptions based on best practices and experience.
- Familiar and applies Local Codes, National Codes and Industry Standards.
- Ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and in a team.
- Proficient in English. French an asset.
- Capable of regular local travel, with occasional national or international travel.
What we offer at SNC-Lavalin:
At SNC-Lavalin, you will enjoy competitive compensation, a safe and healthy work environment, and a full range of benefits (ie.: group insurance, retirement savings plan, share purchase plan, continuing education program, etc.).
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes.
- Competitive salary.
- Motivational financial package & flexible benefits.
- Defined contribution pension plan in which SNC-Lavalin contributes.
- Work equipment provided according to the season (boot, bib, helmet, gloves, etc.).
- Employee Share Ownership Plan (ESOP).
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
- Learning and Development programs, training, career opportunities.
Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and hiring process as required by Company policy and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Successful applicants will be notified about SNC-Lavalin’s accommodation policies at the time the employment offer is extended, and the information will be shared with new personnel during the onboarding process.
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs