Senior Mechanical Engineer
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Our Complex Building's Infrastructure Engineering Group in Vancouver is looking for a Senior Mechanical Engineer to join our growing team. In this role you will be responsible for the design and execution of projects ranging in size and complexity, with a focus on municipal, federal, industrial, healthcare, commercial and educational projects. The successful candidate will also be responsible for developing and maintaining new and existing clients, coordinating skill-sets with other offices and disciplines, and satisfying customer requirements.
- Manage the process for Mechanical Engineering commitments in accordance with project scope, schedule, budget and procedures to ensure successful project completion.
- Supporting and initiating business development activities for the Mechanical Engineering group in Vancouver.
- Participate in the divisional strategic planning process and the establishment and implementation of strategic initiatives.
- Actively develop and maintain important client relationships as part of overall business strategy.
- Lead local sustainability initiatives and participate in corporate sustainability initiatives to positively advance both corporate and industry developments.
- Resolving complex design/project execution issues through the development of innovative solutions as required.
- Establishing and implementing improvements to existing methods, procedures and tool sets to maximize quality and efficiency of project delivery.
- Managing the departmental resource assignment for the appropriate projects staffing while ensuring continuous development of staff.
- Recruiting new team members, conducting performance reviews, performance management, and facilitating training and development opportunities.
- Providing mentoring, coaching, technical guidance and quality assurance, to Mechanical Engineers to ensure the technical adequacy of all mechanical engineering work.
- Participating in the preparation of estimates and project proposals (or coordinating resources to do so) and approving the estimates for Mechanical Engineering.
- Maintaining good working relationships with internal stakeholders, the management team, and clients.
- Accountable to ensure that all employees in the group are properly qualified and trained to perform their work.
- Ensure the quality and consistency, accuracy, and neatness of Mechanical Engineering and deliverables as part of corporate QA/QC program.
- Provide technical guidance and engineering support for construction activities.
- College Diploma or University Degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- 10+ years of relevant building systems design experience.
- Must have experience in HVAC, plumbing and fire protection design for buildings, along with consulting engineering experience in the buildings industry, specifically with municipal, federal, industrial, healthcare, commercial and educational clients.
- Strong client focus and a desire to achieve results including the ability to manage multiple priorities and time lines.
- Registration or eligible for registration with EGBC.
- Working knowledge of all applicable building codes and industry standards.
- Working knowledge of LEED principles, including energy modeling would be an asset.
- AutoCAD and 3D CAD software experience. Exposure to BIM – Revit experience will be a definite asset
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to make decisions using sound engineering judgment.
- Supervisory background and proven leadership skills.
- People oriented with an ability to establish a high degree of credibility with staff and clients.
- A strong leader who can motivate and engage a team with demonstrated strength in leading highly complex groups.
- An excellent written and verbal communicator with superior interpersonal and relationship management skills.
- Effective interpersonal communication and organizational skills.
- Commitment to working in a team environment.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.