Senior Mechanical Engineer (Oil & Gas)
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Atkins is one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies, employing more than 18,000 people worldwide.
We're part of SNC-Lavalin, one of the leading engineering and construction groups in the world and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. We support public and private sector clients with the delivery of complex infrastructure projects, from upfront strategic advice to large, outcome-focused programme management.
Within the oil and gas division, our operations focus on fixed and floating offshore structures, terminals, refineries, petrochemical plants and subsea pipelines. Having worked on 1000 oil and gas installations around the world, we are now the operator's 'go to' company for difficult challenges from life extension to innovative new design.
We listen and lead across boundaries, bringing lessons learned from one discipline to another to help realize our client's vision. We deliver what we say we will, building relationships based on trust and integrity: there when we’re needed, fast; committed for the long term; adapting to changes and leaning into challenges.
- Preparation of project deliverables as per cost, schedule and quality requirements
- Act as Senior Mechanical engineer to manage delegated aspects of a project team
- Ensure that the client business drivers and company performance incentives are fully understood by all discipline personnel being supervised
- Ensure that the technical competence of mechanical staff supervised is matched to the work in hand
- Maintain technical integrity within the team
- Fully conversant with international design codes for Process and Utility Packaged equipment such as Gas Dehydration, Gas Sweetening, Produced Water Treatment, Flare, Reverse Osmosis, Air Compressor, Air Dryer, Nitrogen Generation etc.
- Fully conversant with materials used for packaged equipment
- Fully conversant with packaged equipment operation and maintenance issues and requirements
- Fully conversant with packaged equipment instrumentation and controls
- Prepare equipment specifications and datasheets of packaged equipment
- Prepare procurement engineering documents, such as tender documents/RFQs, technical bid evaluations, purchase recommendations
- Vendor follow-ups, check & approval of vendor drawings/documents
- Site visits
- Assist with mechanical team objectives as required by Mechanical Team Lead
- Proven experience in managing delegated aspects of project engineering teams
- Preparation and estimation of bid man hour estimates
- Grade A English language competence
Our aim is to protect and maximize our clients’ interests throughout the planning and delivery of projects, ensuring they are delivered on time, on budget. We pride ourselves on collaborating with client teams and developing long-term relationships.
Key services include - Project management, programme management, project controls, commercial management, cost management and expert scheduling and construction planning.
Our industry is going through a digital transformation and we have been investing in and pioneering digital methods to improve all aspects of our service. We have focused our digital transformation around platform modernization and product development and through standardization and automation, we are achieving efficiencies that are directly passed on our clients who benefit from a consistent quality of service as well as the savings.
Active in the Middle East for over 20 years, we have offices in the UAE, Qatar, Oman and Saudi Arabia. We hire and retain only the best people in the industry. Our success is built on recruiting – and then developing – brilliant people from a broad range of professional and cultural backgrounds. It’s precisely this diversity of talent that sets us apart.
- Bachelors degree in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited institute (or equivalent)
- 10 - 15 years of experience in packaged equipment design of onshore and offshore oil & gas related projects
- Competent to carry out design, check and approve activies in the Design-Check-Approve-Authorize cycle for packaged equipment
We offer an excellent package which includes:
- A competitive salary
- Transportation allowance
- Medical and life insurance cover
- 22 calendar days annual leave
- Medical and life insurance cover
- Company gratuity scheme
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Annual flight allowance to point of origin
- Employee Well-Being Programme – 24 hour free advice on financial, legal and family care specialists and also access to personal health, fitness and nutrition consultants