Senior Modeller - Clean Water
Atkins is one of the largest engineering and design consultancies in the UK, one of the largest engineering and design consultancies in Europe and one of the largest design firms in the world.
Our Networks and Drainage team is one of the largest in the UK with clients including high-profile utility companies, local authorities and independent businesses.
We are currently looking for an ambitious Senior Clean Water Engineer / Modeller with experience gained in the Water sector to join our dynamic Water Infrastructure team in Bristol.
The successful candidate will help us to deliver a suite of successful projects to our UK clients whilst managing junior members of our UK and overseas based teams.
The candidate should be a highly motivated, competent and analytical person with significant experience in clean water network modelling, design and analysis.
An excellent team player that works well on own initiative and possesses excellent communication skills.
The successful candidate's experience should include: -
- Management and technical supervision of a team of clean water modellers
- Implementation of industry leading solutions and development of innovative solutions.
- Clean water modelling and distribution networks
- Building and calibrating network models
- Using network models for planning, operational and design purposes
- Management of Detailed Zonal Studies delivery, Pressure Management and DMA Design
- Supervision of report writing and check and review of outputs.
- Experience with INFOWORKS WS, EPANET, Infowater and other modelling software.
- Project Management experience would also be preferable
- Running modelling and supporting and design projects as the leader of a team including other Atkins employees and client staff
- Managing project teams out of the Bristol office and other UK offices
- Interacting and providing guidance to our overseas based teams
- Interacting directly with various personnel in our Client’s organisations, including face to face progress meetings.
- Investigation and resolution of network issues.
- Building and maintaining hydraulic models
- Delivery of technical reports and hydraulic studies
- Demonstrable track record of technical achievement and client satisfaction within the water industry
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Positive outlook and approachable manner.
- Capable of building and maintaining strong relationships with internal staff and external Clients
- Ability to be flexible and to be able to multi-task and prioritise when necessary.
- Well motivated, able to work as part of a team or on individual assignments when required.
- Ability to complete assignments on time, within budget and to a high technical standard.
- Full clean UK driving licence
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.