Senior Motion Designer
Senior Motion Designer
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Senior Motion Designer - Birmingham (Primary), Open for Glasgow, London
We are looking for an exceptionally talented, self-motivated & creative individual to join our dynamic UK team as a Senior Motion Designer.
The ideal candidate should possess an outstanding portfolio of motion design work, demonstrating creativity, ingenuity and a good eye for design. It’s essential that the candidate is innovative and can immediately engage in projects from the offset. We are looking for a creative who is adaptable, open-minded and can lead a project to produce outstanding qualities in delivery.
We work on a range of projects and collaborate across the creative team. We are always committed to impressing with our work and demonstrating the value that the client has invested in us. We need a hardworking individual who is passionate about their work and is looking to advance their career.
About Creative Design
‘Creative Design’ is not your typical in-house team. We are a proactive and creative team of over 60 designers, developers, visualisers, filmmakers and immersive media specialists based across 8 offices, 7 in the UK and one in India. We deliver world class solutions to a wide range of Atkins clients including MoD, EDF, Highways England, Transport for London, HS2 and the Environment Agency. We work collaboratively with Atkins’ teams and external clients, getting to the heart of problems and adding value and innovation to every project.
Our design principles underpin everything we do. We’re problem solvers who are excited by working together to find a solution. We create bespoke communications which focus on bringing meaning to content, make information more accessible and add value to projects. We create and implement viable concepts that utilise technology in a way that enhances outcomes and creates efficiencies. We invest in innovation and focus on upcoming technologies.
Some of our previous films and animations can be found here:
- Support the Motion Technical Lead on project delivery and communicate regularly with the wider team.
- Responsible to deliver world-class motion graphic / animated content to projects and maintain professional standards in every stage of production.
- Co-ordinate production of motion projects, creatively directing & interpreting client’s vision to digital platforms.
- Delegate creative tasks in project teams to efficiently use resources and skillsets from across the team.
- Contribute thought leadership to creative discussions, offer technical and creative expertise to the wider team.
- Collaborate and utilise external and internal suppliers.
- Contribute to the development of the business through innovation and working with other disciplines.
- Proven relevant creative industry experience in a design, animation or media post-production environment.
- Advanced technical knowledge in 3D & 2D motion graphics, using industry standard software & 3rd party plug-ins. Cinema 4D, Adobe After Effects, Adobe Creative Cloud.
- A flair for visual storytelling and complex motion design techniques.
- Problem solving and ability to innovate to develop solutions.
- Experience in project management, tracking budgets, team management, client communication.
- Good team spirit and a drive to support and develop within a creative team.
- Good IT skills with an understanding of excel, word, PowerPoint, or relevant compatible software.
- Experience with using Premiere Pro and editing video.
- Experience working with CGI artists, Developers. Experience in compositing techniques, tracking video.
- Skills in programming, coding and working with digital animation and automation.
- Experience in illustration, graphic design, digital design, interactive animation, event & installation, projection mapping, VR, AR and 360 videos.
- Experience in eLearning development.
All applicants must send an online show reel or portfolio to be considered for this role.
Atkins develops individuals through a portfolio of training and development activities designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents. These are reviewed with individuals through an annual appraisal process. We actively support staff in achieving corporate membership of relevant institutions.
Creative Design in the press
Rewards and Benefits
The Atkins standard benefits package can be found using the following link
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
Atkins recognise that there are many well qualified people who are looking to further their career, but who cannot commit to full time employment. We support flexible working arrangements and are interested to discuss how we can accommodate individual requirements
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs