Senior Network Architect
Senior Network Architect
SNC-Lavalin is going through an exciting period of change. A Canadian listed engineering and construction firm, on July 2017 they acquired the UK engineering consultancy Atkins bringing with it a great opportunity to re-position the SNC-Lavalin brand in the eyes of our markets and ahead of our competitors. The combined group now has approximately 50,000 employees around the world and both Atkins and SNC-L’s offerings combined give us the opportunity to continue our growth. The future of engineering and construction is in the greater use of data, combined with technologies to deliver our services more efficiently and bring different offerings to our clients. From apps, virtual reality and artificial intelligence, to mobility as a service and digital asset management, we are combining our traditional engineering skills with technology to fundamentally change the way we do things.
Group IS has developed an operating model to evolve the way IT services are provided to the company, moving from a ‘Business as Usual’ focus to an organisation driven by a joint technology roadmap with the business and enabling business value. Here, the key focus areas include getting the basics right, being a true partner to the business, information assurance & security, career management for our staff, and supporting the organization on its digital journey.
Purpose of the Team/Role:
As the Senior Network Architect, you will join the network engineering team to provide solution architecture SME’s inputs, based on best practice, to maintain, develop and mature numerous products.
As the specialist in your trade, you will be one of the accountable SME resources responsible for existing and new network services. This will entail selecting, designing, documenting and implementing new solutions and retrofitting improvements to existing environments.
Providing SME support to the operations team is also required for complex issues.
An important part of this role will be to challenge the normal approach and provide alternatives for improvement.
Joining SNC-Lavalin will embark you on a great journey in a global organisation. As a Senior Network Architect you will gain broad business knowledge of the company’s activities globally, as well as understand how the complexity of IT supports the business.
You will be exposed to a wide and challenging range of business issues through regular engagement with key stakeholders across all management levels.
You will work and communicate across geographical and cultural borders that will enable you to build a strong professional network. We believe people thrive when they are in charge of their career paths and professional growth. We will provide you with opportunities to broaden your knowledge and strengthen your technical and professional foundation.
We aim to be a world-class professional IT organisation that delivers business value through automation, standardisation and innovation. We believe in empowerment where everyone takes ownership and responsibility for developing and implementing new ways of working.
- Producing network designs to meet business needs and following current standards
- Maintaining network standards to ensure they continue to meet best practice guidelines
- Keeping up to date on networking trends and developments and identifying how they could benefit the company
- Analysing network products and technologies and making recommendations to influence technical direction
- Is result oriented and has a high degree of accountability, commitment and responsibility. The expectation is that involving an architect in a project is a guarantee of obtaining positive outcomes
- Working with the Network Operations team to identify opportunities for improvement
- Involved in ensuring the application teams understand the impact of network constraints and provide recommendations to ensure successful deployments
We are looking for:
- Demonstrable experience of network technologies in a global business of a similar
- Excellent analytical, troubleshooting and communication, both verbal and written, skills
- Able to demonstrate detailed knowledge and understanding of networking concepts
- Extensive technical skills covering a broad range of network technologies, it is not necessary to be a specialist in any one area
- A passion for networking and staying abreast of new developments
- Experience of taking a requirement through analysis, solution design, testing, deployment and hand-over to an operations team for BAU support
- Experience of working with cloud service providers and outsourcers
- Detailed hands-on experience of design, configuration and management covering several of the following technical areas in a global organisation:
- Software Defined Networking
- Network Access Control
- Network automation
- Network monitoring
- WAN design and technologies
- LAN design and technologies
- WLAN design and technologies
- WANOP technologies
- It would be advantageous to have some knowledge of:
- Windows NPS
- Windows networking
- IPSEC and SSL VPNs
- Remote access technologies
SNC-Lavalin develops individuals through a portfolio of training and development activities designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents. These are reviewed with individuals through an annual appraisal process. We actively support staff in achieving corporate membership of relevant institutions.
Rewards and benefits:
SNC-Lavalin offer a fantastic range of benefits, which you can tailor to suit your own health, wellbeing, financial and lifestyle choices.
All the information you need to know is available on our dedicated benefits portal; your reward, which is available to access 24/7 from any device: https://yourrewarduk.snclavalin.com/
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
SNC-Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
SNC-Lavalin Group recognize that there are many well qualified people who are looking to further their career, but who cannot commit to full time employment. We support flexible working arrangements and are interested to discuss how we can accommodate individual requirements.
#LI-UK #LI-ATKINS #LI-FG
We are sorry but we currently have no jobs in this area.
Continue browsing to look at our other available opportunities
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs