Senior Network Engineer
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
The Network Operation Centre is a part of Atkins IS global network operations focusing on Network, Security and Unified Communications.
· It strives to achieve maximum possible service availability, response time and performance.
· It provides network monitoring and support services for our global engineering and technical teams.
These results in a highly diverse range of duties for the L3 Network Engineer who is expected to have CCIE/CCNP certifications and can demonstrate 10+ years of progressive experience in large enterprise and involved predominantly in routing and switching. This is 24/7 shift role and will involve working US or APAC hours.
· Respond quickly and effectively to network issues and outages.
· Plan, design, build and install new network capabilities based on internal requirements.
· Perform system maintenance and upgrade tasks. Automation of maintenance, upgrade through scripting
· Use/Configure network monitoring tools proactively to address capacity, performance and availability issues before service degradation occurs.
· Maintenance of technical documentations, network diagrams, processes and procedures used throughout normal operations.
· Participate in troubleshooting and escalation processes.
· Provide technical leadership to junior team members.
· Participate in 24 x 7 call-out rota as required.
Desired Qualifications, Experience & Skills
- BE/B Tech/ Diploma from a reputed institute. CCIE or CCNP in Routing and Switching with 6 to 7 years of progressive experience in an enterprise environment.
- Good understanding of the OSI model. Extensive experience in routing using BGP and OSPF on various types of connectivity – both local and international. Experience with IPV6 is preferred. Extensive experience in switching using Nexus, 6500/4500/3850 and in implementing VPC, VSS. Experience in implementing redundancy and high availability at different layers.
- Good understanding of configuring Solarwinds, Netflow
- KPI Management
- Experience in Riverbed Steelhead. SteelConnect would be advantageous
- AeroHive Wifi configuration and troubleshooting
- Automation, Scripting
- Monitoring, Reporting and Capacity Analysis using Solarwinds, Netflow
- Experience in deployment and operations of enterprise Wifi using Aerohive and implementation of 802.1x, EAP-TLS, PEAP-MSCHAP-V2 authentications.
- Familiar with Cisco ACS 5.4 or later in distributed deployment design and creating authentication using RADIUS, TACACS for various wired and wireless services.
- Familiarity with ITIL, Service Now or Remedy. Experience with monitoring platforms preferably Solarwinds.
- Proficiency in HP networking products
- English at a near-native level required. Good communicator with aptitude for dealing with people. Work well in a busy team, being quick to learn and able to deal with a wide range of issues as well as share information.
- Strong analytical skills and able to collate and interpret data from various sources. Collaborate closely with the team.
- Ability to assess and prioritise faults and respond or escalate accordingly.
- Willingness to work in 24/7 shift environment.
- Must be able to get to Atkins Bangalore office within 1 ½ hours outside of normal office hours.
Our Latest Articles