Senior P-Way Engineer
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
- Perform and lead Permanent Way (Track) Projects
- Provide consultation and leadership to team members;
- Mentor, coach and motivate the technical team;
- Escalate technical issues to the relevant stake holders;
- Ensure projects are delivered to Atkins and industry standards to cost, schedule and budget;
- Cooperate and communicate effectively with colleagues and clients (internal and external)
- Degree in Engineering /Science or related discipline with typically 10 plus years of relevant experience.
- Expected to attain Incorporated Engineer status or development objectives completed for Chartered engineer status.
- Complete and Good knowledge of Permanent way (Track) design work. A comprehensive understanding of multidisciplinary Rail practices.
- Good understanding of railway standards such as Network rail, London underground, Railway Group standards, British Standards and other Indian & International standards.
- Fully proficient in Bentley Rail Track, MX-Rail, MicroStation, AutoCAD, Civil 3D and ClearRoute design Softwares.
- Able to prepare design calculations for complex track layouts and author technical reports of acceptable technical quality.
- Able to independently deliver work, check the outgoing deliverables and integrate with larger project teams.
- Having through understanding of track construction methods & stage work of projects and offering innovative ideas to improve solutions and contributing to value additions.
Project management and commercials
- Experience in preparing project cost estimates for multidisciplinary Rail packages with minimal support.
- Responsible for completion of projects to time, cost and quality. Capable of implementing internal quality processes to ensure compliance.
- Familiar with commercial and financial aspects of project management.
- Senior Design Engineer with typically 10+ years of relevant experience.
- Strong communication Skills, written and verbal.
- Demonstrates ability to understand complex project in integration.
- Taking responsibility for delivering complete project and checking less experience colleagues work for quality project delivery.
- Exhibits clear progression towards a technical or management career path.
- Having up- to- dated knowledge of new technologies in Rail business.