Senior Permanent Way Design Engineer
Atkins is one of the world’s most respected engineering, design and project management consultancies. We build long-term trusted partnerships to create a world where lives are enriched through the implementation of new and exciting ideas. Atkins has a vision to shape the future of transportation, to lead where others will follow and to deliver the future of mobility today. The Transportation business covers all aspects of multidisciplinary design and management, from inception and options appraisal through to detailed design and delivery/construction support.
To meet our growth ambitions, we are seeking a motivated candidate to undertake the duties of a Senior Permanent Way Design Engineer in our Glasgow office to assist delivering a portfolio of the biggest and most challenging UK projects. We will also expect this individual to take a lead role on delivering a number of projects within the local market. There will also be the opportunity to work on overseas projects and with our internationally based design teams.
The individual we seek is a motivated, eager to develop, results driven and willing to embrace innovation in design. They should be able to demonstrate that they have experience in leading the process of design on projects, whilst also delivering great outcomes for our people and clients. We will value you for going beyond to exceed expectations and deliver innovative solutions nobody else can. After all, we can’t achieve great things without you. So, you can look forward to fantastic rewards, benefits and development opportunities.
- A minimum of BTEC HNC qualified in Civil Engineering (or BA in an engineering field);
- Eng Tech from either PWI, ICE or IMech and willing to progress towards Incorporated or Chartered status.
- Experience in all aspects of permanent way design and the delivery of multi-disciplinary railway projects;
- Experienced at adhering to corporate assurance processes, recording design decisions and production of designer’s risk assessments;
- Ability to produce Technical reports;
- Experienced user of Bentley MicroStation, Bentley Rail Track design software production and proven record of working within a BIM environment;
- Excellent working knowledge of UK rail industry standards, policies and procedures;
- Excellent knowledge of Gauging requirements and ClearRoute outputs;
- Experience of interfacing with Clients and excellent communication skills;
- A willingness to work flexibly to deliver projects to time and budget;
- Committed to the technical development of others.
- Experience of leading the PWay design on projects;
- Experienced user of ClearRoute 2 and ProjectWise;
- Experience of working on bids and leading single discipline aspects of bids.
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.