Senior Piping Analyst Engineer
SNC-Lavalin is currently looking for a Senior / Specialist Engineer (PG4/5) to join our engineering team in Mississauga. The work is in the support of Life Extension Projects, and requires a technical leadership role in the analysis of feeder piping, supports, and inline components. This is a permanent position.
This position requires an experienced individual who is a self-starter capable of working independently with minimal supervision to join a diverse team of engineers and designers to complete their assigned scopes or tasks within prescribed budget and schedule, and ensure that the services and deliverables are of good quality and meet client expectations.
The qualified individual will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
- Perform engineering work following SNC-Lavalin/Candu Energy QA programs, and applicable codes, standards, and regulation requirements;
- Coordinate and interface with client, suppliers, stakeholders and other design disciplines or department to execute assigned engineering work;
- Modelling complex piping and support arrangement using finite element techniques;
- Performing thermal, fatigue, seismic, linear and non-linear analyses in accordance with ASME Boiler & Pressure Vessel Code, Section III, Div.1 code requirements;
- Perform complex engineering tasks with efficiency and accuracy;
- Develop and review technical documents, such as: engineering drawings and bill of materials, calculations, design specifications, design/analysis reports, design requirements, design manuals, technical specifications (for procurement, fabrication, and site installation), data sheets, system classification lists, code classifications, commissioning specifications, etc.;
- Prepare and review TSSA registration packages for pressure boundary modifications;
- Interface with the regulatory bodies, such as: TSSA and CNSC, as required;
- Prepare requisitions or Engineering Quotation Requests (EQR) for equipment and materials to support procurement;
- Review supplier technical documents and performing technical bid analyses;
- Provide technical guidance and instruction to Designers/Drafters, and Junior/Intermediate Engineers;
- Perform site visits to client and supplier shops as required;
- Perform design review and design verification for the design and engineering work done by others;
- Support field construction and execution activities, such as: field changes, design revisions, commissioning, AFS, closeout, etc.;
- Provide prompt response and engineering resolutions on any critical engineering related matters;
- Take a senior role in a group of Stress Engineers/Analysts on multiple projects (or tasks) if required; and
- Defining work scope, preparing budget estimates and schedules, and reporting progress
- Report to engineering or project management with timely updates on project performance for the assigned scopes or tasks.
- Engineering Degree in Mechanical from an accredited university or equivalent degree as recognized by Professional Engineers Ontario (PEO);
- Registered as a Professional Engineer in the Province of Ontario;
- Minimum 10 years of related work experience in the field of pipe/pipe support design and analysis within a heavy industrial environment such as: mining, oil & gas, power, etc.;
- General knowledge of CANDU nuclear mechanical and piping systems or equipment;
- Working knowledge of CSA N285, CSA B51, CSA N289, ASME BPVC Section III, Div.1, ASME B31.1 and any other applicable standards or regulatory guides related to permanent plant components, pressure boundary equipment, and/or reactor systems is required;
- Experience in stress analysis of pressure boundary components, for deadweight, thermal, and seismic conditions is required.
- Design engineering experience in nuclear piping systems is preferable;
- Experience in FEA using ANSYS Mechanical APDL is required. Experience in ANSYS Workbench is an asset;
- Experience in other FEA software, such as LS-DYNA, AutoPipe, and PipeStress is an asset.
- Qualified or eligible to be qualified as ASME Appendix XXIII is preferred.
- Must have excellent technical and practical skills to resolve engineering issues or technical problems;
- Must have excellent communication and technical writing skills;
- Must have experience working in a team with other engineers, in completing highly technical integrated tasks.
- Demonstrate ability to interact effectively with clients at all levels of the client organization;
- Demonstrate good interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a multidisciplinary team environment;
- Site experience in construction, refurbishment or commissioning of plant piping systems for nuclear or other heavy industries would be an asset;
- Must be capable of working independently with limited supervision, yet be an active team member supporting the project team; and
- Must be willing to become a Nuclear Energy Worker (NEW), although this will not be a regular requirement as part of the job.
Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and hiring process as required by Company policy and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Successful applicants will be notified about SNC-Lavalin’s accommodation policies at the time the employment offer is extended, and the information will be shared with new personnel during the onboarding process.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.