This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Atkins, now part of the SNC-Lavalin Group, is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies that offers great scope for your career. We’re very agile in the way we work and respond to new challenges. We deliver innovative solutions by working closely with our customers at every stage of a project. There are many opportunities to work with these discipline areas and widen your range of experience.
Atkins is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. We build long-term trusted partnerships to create a world where lives are enriched through the implementation of new and exciting ideas. Atkins has a vision to shape the future of transportation, to lead where others will follow and to deliver the future of mobility today.
The Transportation business covers all aspects of multidisciplinary design and management, from inception and options appraisal through to detailed design and delivery/construction support. It is our centre of excellence for the design of highway and rail infrastructure projects. We aim to be the first-choice designer for local and national highway authorities, contractors and developers.
We are seeking a Senior Planner with extensive experience in the detailed planning of large complex transportation projects. The role within our Transportation Group, requires a strong technical background in the transportation industry.
The successful applicant will be the Project Controls Lead providing comprehensive Project Controls to the project teams and to the client. As the Senior Project Planner, you will report into the Project Controls Manager, with accountability to the Project Manager.
• A detailed understanding of transportation technologies, including but not limited to: Signalling, Track (P-Way), Structures (tunnels, bridges, earthworks, embankments, buildings, structures, gantries, access platforms etc), Electrification & Plant and Telecoms.
• Experience of programming multi-disciplinary engineering design and managing the resulting interfaces.
• Must have an excellent understanding for how projects are designed, procured, constructed and commissioned.
• An expert user of Primavera P6.
• This role requires the Planner to carry out their Project Control duties with limited supervision, and work under their own initiative in the production of Project Programmes and Tender Programmes. However, the successful candidate must have previous experience of managing planners, allocating tasks, checking achievements and providing constructive feedback, leadership and management.
• Experience of various forms of contract, including NEC.
• Experience of Schedule Risk and Cost analysis.
• Experience of Claims.
• Experience of working with company Enterprise systems.
• Prepares project resource histograms, performance analysis data and CPI/SPI information.
• Must demonstrate a detailed understanding of Project Controls Techniques including, budget and spend management, change control, Earned Value Management, data analysis, trend analysis and Work Package Management.
• Experience of working on large projects up to £50m.
• Experienced Engineering Professional with a qualification in Mechanical/Civil Engineering preferred.
• Member of the APM preferred.
• You will be responsible for all aspects of the Projects programme and Project Controls.
• Represent Project Controls, attend and lead client progress meetings.
• Responsible for the completion of projects to time and cost.
• Provide regular supervision to junior members of the team as required.
• Familiar with commercial and financial aspects of project management.
• Building relationships with limited set of common clients and maintaining regular client contact.
• Have a good understanding of Transportation technologies and markets.
• Provision of project performance data, project schedules and reports in a concise and timely manner as required by the projects teams.
• Successful in identifying any project deviations and slippages, reports and communicates issues to senior members of the team.
• Ensuring that all issues within the programme are highlighted and understood by Senior Management and giving appropriate planning advice.
• You will deliver the Period Programme Update and information regarding changes and delays that have impacted the programme on a period by period basis.
• Delivering the necessary reports to allow Senior Managers to direct the project appropriately.
This is an opportunity to join a dynamic, world class project controls team; working on some of the UK’s largest transportation infrastructure projects. You will be part of an experienced team that have a significant impact on the successful delivery of these multi million pound contracts, using state of the art project controls tools and techniques that provide concise information to the projects they support. Atkins Project Controls are recognised as an internationally renowned consultant, working on large transportation infrastructure projects within the UK and overseas.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.