Senior Plumbing Designer
Working out of SNC-Lavalin’s office in Exton, PA, you will be a part of a team that works on fast paced technically complex design/build projects in the biotech, pharmaceutical, chemical and food industries.
As a Senior Plumbing Designer in SNC-Lavalin’s Engineering department and reporting to the Manager of HVAC & Building Services, you will prepare, design, select, coordinate, and review Plumbing and Piping systems including domestic hot water, compressed air, natural gas, storm, and sewer.
What will be your contribution?
- Prepare, design, select, coordinate, and review of the following:
- Plumbing and Piping systems including domestic hot water, compressed air, natural gas, storm, and sewer;
- Specialty gasses and RO/DI system;
- Conceptual design of equipment layouts and piping distribution;
- System flow diagrams and riser diagrams;
- Detailed plan drawings, details and equipment schedules;
- Shop drawing reviews and requests for information;
- Fire Protection system design.
- Coordinate with HVAC, architectural, electrical, process piping and structural disciplines.
- Conduct field surveys of existing conditions and on-site construction progress punch list reviews.
- Complete Quality Management Training and comply with the program upholding a commitment to a culture of quality in all aspects of work.
What are we looking for?
- Associates or Bachelors degree is preferred.
- Prior Plumbing design experience is required and Fire Protection design experience is preferred.
- Experience with clean rooms, pharmaceutical, chemical and biotech facilities.
- Proficient in AutoCad, Revit and Microsoft Excel and Word.
Our Latest Articles