Senior/Principal Electrical Engineer - Devonport
Senior/Principal Electrical Engineer - Devonport
Senior/Principal Electrical Engineer
Atkins, a member of the SNC-Lavalin, is one of the world’s leading multi-disciplinary consultancy firms offering unparalleled opportunities for talented individuals in search of a rewarding career. Atkins’ Infrastructure business is looking for flexible and agile electrical engineers to support the Devonport Dockyard refurbishment, Plymouth.
The Infrastructure business provides multidisciplinary engineering services and integrated solutions across a wide range of building and infrastructure projects, leading the way in innovation, design transformation and digital engineering. Drawing upon a diverse skill set and with a proven track record of delivery, we are playing a leading role in some of the world’s most challenging and exciting engineering projects. We pride ourselves in offering a truly multi-disciplinary working environment and bring exciting opportunities to influence a project from beginning to end. This position will form part of our national Design & Advanced Technology practice, with all the opportunities for collaboration that this brings, but with a specific focus on the energy and defence markets.
We currently have opportunities for experienced electrical engineers to be part of a multi-disciplinary, infrastructure design team located at site offices in Plymouth, UK*.
This role offers a challenging and rewarding opportunity to apply knowledge, experience and problem-solving skills whilst providing good opportunities for career development. We are looking for practically minded and delivery focussed electrical engineers, particularly those with experience of large infrastructure projects in a highly regulated environment.
* COVID restrictions apply in some instances, but as and when restrictions are removed all roles will be as described.
- Educated to degree level with an electrical engineering bias; ideally a chartered member of a recognised engineering institution.
- Computer-literate and able to work effectively with the basic Microsoft suite of programmes as a minimum.
- Experience of supervising, preparing and/or checking designs, analyses, reports, drawings, specifications and other documents in support of nuclear and non-nuclear related plant, facility and equipment within licensed, authorised and operational sites, or in support of external contracts.
- Experience of managing design work packages, planning activities, utilising Earned Value Management methodologies, and construction support.
- Track record of providing a customer-focussed service.
- An interest in developing and/or exploiting new and emerging technologies and techniques.
- Ability to complete assignments on time, within budget and to a high technical standard.
- A well-developed understanding of the design process.
- An ability to manage and mentor teams and/or individuals and/or projects, potentially split across disciplines, locations and stakeholders.
- Willingness to represent Atkins at client sites.
- A developing external profile and reputation with a desire and willingness to raise the profile of oneself and the company.
- Willingness to contribute to and develop our technical knowledge networks.
- MOD Security Clearance, obtained through Atkins security vetting services, will be required for this role.
- Experience of system engineering would be an advantage.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Well-motivated, with a positive outlook and approachable manner.
- Capable of building and maintaining strong relationships with colleagues and clients.
- Ability to influence at a project or technical level, inside and outside of the company.
- Ability to be flexible and to multi-task and prioritise when necessary.
- Leadership qualities in a project team environment.
Rewards, benefits and career development
We offer a comprehensive and competitive salary and benefits package commensurate with the role and your skills and experience. Please refer to our website for further details. Our teams work core hours although specific working hours can, in the right circumstances, be adjusted to suit the needs of the individual. Working locations, whilst needing to match the requirements of our work and our clients, can also be flexible if the need arises. If flexible working is essential or a preference for you, please let us know so we can discuss what possibilities may exist.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
Atkins recognise that there are many well qualified people who are looking to further their career, but who cannot commit to full time employment. We support flexible working arrangements and are interested to discuss how we can accommodate individual requirements.
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
Cities & development
Senior/Principal Mechanical EngineerAtkins, a member of the SNC-Lavalin, is one of the world’s leading multi-disciplinary consultancy firms offering unparalleled opportunities for talented individuals
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs